4th of July

Message to Thespians Group Chat:

Carlos: "Hey Hoes! Once last summer together before we all leave for college and to celebrate.. 4th of July party at Ashlyn's Family Beach House!

Ashlyn: "Carlos, you gotta stop inviting people to my house.. But yes, a party at my place!! We just got a new house on the East Coast somewhere in North Carolina I think? I don't why there, but hope you all can make it!

Gina: "Sounds fun Ash! Nini and I wanted to do one last trip before we leave for LA so that works for us. My mom can give us her frequent flyer miles for Nini and I."

Nini: "Thanks babe!"

Kourtney: "Howie said he could pay for us. See you guys there!"

Carlos: "Sebbie and I are all in! We are booked and ready to go"

Seb: "Yay! It's going to be so much fun."

Ashlyn: "Biggie, I can get you a ticket. Can't wait to see you all."

Big Red: "Thanks Ash! Love you"

Ricky: "Sorry guys, I don't think I will be able to make it. Money is kind of tight right now and I don't think my car will make it that far. You all have fun without me."

There was a delay in response from everyone in the group chat after Ricky sent that message. He knew he just killed the mood for everyone and their holiday plans, but it was true.. Ricky was broke. Plus, he knew everyone would be there and ask him how he was doing after the.. Nevermind, he didn't want to talk about it.

Ricky locked his phone and threw it on his bed before heading to the bathroom to take a shower. When he got out, his phone was blowing up with messages from the groupchat. It was mostly all of the couples talking about how much they love each other, but there was a message from Ashlyn towards the very bottom.

Ashlyn: "No problem Ricky! We can get you another plane ticket for you and you can leave with Biggie. You are all set! Can't wait to see you and everyone."

Shit, they got me a ticket?! He was trying to get out of this party, but he didn't know how. Maybe he can make up an excuse to not go.

Ricky: "Ash, you didn't have to do that. I don't think my dad will let me go anyways, so you can just refund the ticket."

Ashlyn: "Too late Ricky, not taking no for an answer! And I know Mike will probably let you go, he's the best!"

Everyone started to text back how much they love Mike and how he really was the best. So much for Ricky trying to get out of this, looks like he has to go now.

Ricky: "Well okay, thank you. I'll pay you back eventually."

Ashlyn: "Don't mention it! And you don't have to, save your money. See you all soon!"

Ricky locked his phone and put it on the nightstand next to him. He thought he could really get out of it and not be around everyone after what happened a year ago. It has been a while since the incident occurred, but he knew HE would be there, he knew that HE would show up and be all happy, he knew HE would make him sad again.

Just as Ricky was about to close his eyes to go to sleep, his phone buzzed one last time. He thought about ignoring it, but maybe it was Ashlyn canceling the party, so he had to check. He grabbed his phone, unlocked it and saw a message from HIM.

EJ: "Sounds like fun. I'll be there."

"Shit." Ricky whispered to himself as he read the message. He knew EJ would show up to the party, it's his cousin after all, but he wasn't ready to see him.. Not yet. This is gonna be a long 4th of July weekend.