The Letterman Jacket

"EJ, are you sure?" Ricky said, interlocking his fingers with his boyfriends.

"Yeah, baby. I am sure."

"But what will people say?"

"I don't care what people say. I am dating you, not them."

Ricky and EJ were laying down in EJ's bed after school one day, when EJ asked Ricky a question that would move their relationship forward.

"Ricky, I want you to wear my letterman jacket to school tomorrow."

Ricky had his head on EJ's chest and was playing with their fingers, while EJ was playing with Ricky's curls. The skater boy looked up at EJ as he asked the question.

"Everyone on the team who is dating someone has their significant other way their letterman jacket on game days and since tomorrow is a game day, I want you to wear my letterman jacket. Please?" EJ said, smiling down at his boyfriend with those blue-green eyes of his.

"Okay, EJ. I will. Anything for you."

"That's my baby." EJ said, kissing his boyfriend.

Ricky's phone rang as his dad was at EJ's house to pick him up. Ricky grabbed his backpack, kissed his boyfriend one last time, then walked downstairs to the front door.

"Wait! Forgetting something?" EJ said, handing Ricky his letterman jacket.

"Almost forgot." Ricky said, taking the jacket.

"Love you Ricky."

"Love you too, EJ."

The next day came around and Ricky skated with Big Red on his way to school.

"Wow, so this is official, official now." Big Red pointing at the letterman jacket that read 'Caswell' on the back.

"Yup, it is. I'm really happy Red."

"Good for you Ricky, you deserve to be happy! I'm really happy for you too. Now we are both dating a Caswell."

Ricky laughed at the comment as the two boys entered the front doors of the school. Right away, people started to whisper, talk, and point at Ricky as he entered the school. Now, EJ has dated his fair share of girls at school and has even been seen making out with a few guys, but he has never had any of them wear his letterman jacket before, this was the first time.

"Red, why is everyone staring?"

"Uhm, hello! You are dating EJ Caswell! The most popular guy in school, the one everyone wants to be or date, the one who can ruin your school status just by one look, the one-"

"Okay, I get it. But it's just EJ and it's just a jacket, I don't see what the big deal is?"

"To you it may not be a big deal, but to the whole school, it's everything. It makes your relationship official and takes you off limits. It sort of means you are EJ's now. Not in some possessive property type of way, but in a way that says you are taken and taken by him."

Ricky started to get self-conscious. He didn't like that everyone was staring at him, let alone the fact that everyone was talking about him. He opened his locker and was about to take the jacket off to put it in there, when he felt a pair of hands grab his waist.

"Morning baby." EJ said, kissing Ricky's cheek. "The jacket looks great on you!"

"Morning EJ. It's a little big though."

"It's perfect Ricky. You're perfect."

Ricky blushed and looked the other way when he saw a few people laughing at him and whispering about something. EJ noticed Ricky's attention was on something else, so he followed the skater boy's gaze and saw the students laughing and whispering about them.