At Home Sick

Ricky was happily facetiming his boyfriend, EJ, the night before school on Monday. Ricky was saying to EJ good luck at his water polo game this week, while EJ was telling Ricky to stop facetiming him and to focus studying on his history exam the following day. But Ricky being Ricky he didn't stop.

"Eeeeeejjjjjj, don't be like that. I wanna see you. I already know all about history." Ricky said.

"Ricky, baby. You need to stop, you don't know anything and besides I am going to see you tomorrow anyways." The athlete said.

"Yeah, I do. George Washington was the first president, there were 40 other white dudes after him, then Obama, then the worst President, now another white dude. Anything else I need to know?" EJ laughed at his cute boyfriend's comment, but Ricky was serious.

"I guess that's true, but a lot of other things happened between then too."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. So anyways, what time are you picking me up tomorrow?" Ricky asked with those huge brown puppy dog eyes of his.

EJ turned over to see the clock read 1am. "You mean today? I'll be there around 7:30am." Ricky smiled.

"Make sure you get enough sleep, my prince okay?" Ricky blushed at the nickname EJ gave him. Ever since Beauty and the Beast, EJ hasn't stopped calling Ricky his prince and the skater boy loves every second of it.

"Okay, I will. You get some sleep too, my king." EJ smiled from ear to ear. If Ricky was his prince, EJ was the king.

"Goodnight Ricky."

"Goodnight EJ."

The two boyfriends drifted off to sleep knowing they would see each other the next day.

The next morning, Ricky slept through all of his alarms. He set them starting at 6am until 7:15am and still managed to snooze every one of them. Ricky was woken up by his dad at 7:20am as Mike came into his room and shook his son.

"Ricky, Rick, Richard! Get up, EJ will be here any minute now." Mike said, trying to shake his son awake.

"5 more minutes." The sleeping log of Ricky said.

"Don't even think about it kiddo, You can't be late. Besides, I don't like it when EJ gets mad. He gets this look in his eye that creeps me out." Mike said, as he shivers just thinking about EJ.

"Fine..." Ricky groaned, while getting up.

"Great! I'm heading to the construction site then. Don't be late for EJ! And make sure you grab your lunch on the way out." Mike said, while leaving Ricky's room.

Ricky finally got out of bed when he realized he only had 5 minutes, until EJ got there. Ricky put on a pair of jeans, his favorite converse shoes, and EJ's favorite hoodie that Ricky may or may not have stolen. He grabbed his lunch and headed out to the curb to sit and wait for the red mustang car to drive up with his King of a boyfriend in it as he whisked them away to school.

7:30am

"Hmm no EJ yet? That's weird, he is usually right on time." Ricky said, looking at his phone.

7:35am

"Maybe he got stuck in traffic or he is bringing me food?"

7:40am

"Okay, he is never this late. Something must be up." Ricky pulls out his phone to text his boyfriend, but no response.

7:45am

"That's it! I'm skating to school!" Ricky grabbed his board and helmet from inside and raced to school.

Ricky barely made it to school on time and rushed to his locker to grab his books and put his lunch away. He was frustrated that EJ didn't show up and blew him off, he had never done that before, maybe his friends would know where he was at?