The Actor and The Musician

"Order for Ricky. Order for Ricky."

"Here! Thank you." Ricky said, taking his coffee from the barista.

"Ricky? Richard? Ricky Bowen, is that you?"

"Oh my god Nini?!"

"Omg it is you! What are you doing here?" The two friends hugged each other at the coffee shop.

"Hi Ninz! It's been forever! But my record label moved to LA, so I followed. I moved here last week, it's a lot closer to my dad too in Utah compared to New York."

"That's amazing! We have to catch up! It's been too long."

"Yes! How about-"

"Sorry my girlfriend is calling me. Dinner tomorrow, my place?"

"Sure!"

"Cool! Still got the same number?"

"Of course Nini."

"Good. Good to see you Rick. Talk to you later." The brunette girl said as she hugged her old friend and made her way out of the coffee shop.

Ricky and Nini were the best of friends back in the day. They grew up together from kindergarten to highschool, but after graduation they went their separate ways. Nini went off to LA as her songwriting career took off, while Ricky decided to go to college in New York. In the Big Apple, Ricky was discovered by a record label and started recording as well as writing his own songs out there, but when his label moved to LA, Ricky decided to start fresh and follow them.

Ricky and Nini talked throughout their first couple of years out of highschool, but as distance grew and time apart from each other became longer their friendship fell apart. But they somehow found each other in this LA coffee shop and the two can't wait to get their friendship back on track.

The next day came around and Ricky made his way to Nini's apartment. He never understood how everyone can drive in LA, he missed taking taxis and the subway everywhere in New York, but this was his new life now.

Ricky knocked on the door and when it opened, he found not Nini?

"Uh, hi, I'm Ri-"

"Oh my god, Ricky! I'm so glad to finally meet you. Come in, come in!" The curly-haired girl said, opening the door for Ricky.

"Hi, you are?"

"Oh so sorry, I'm Gina! Nini's girlfriend. She has told me so much about you. It's so nice to finally put a face to a name."

"Thanks, nice to meet you too. Hope Nini hasn't told you everything."

"I've told her EVERYTHING! Especially that time you threw up on my shoes after riding the rollercoaster and I had to throw them out." Nini said, coming from the kitchen and hugged Ricky before kissing her girlfriend.

"So she has told you everything."

"Don't worry, I get motion sickness too. Come on, let's eat!" Gina said, waving everyone over to the kitchen table.

The three of them ate dinner that Nini and Gina cooked together while also talking about their current jobs, how the two girls met, and how Ricky's music career was going.

"So, how did you two meet?"

"We actually met a few years ago. I was a backup dancer in one of Nini's music videos and things just kind of took off from there."

"And I've been happy ever since." Nini said, kissing her girlfriend on the cheek.

"That's so cute!"

"I know we are. So Ricky, got anyone special in your life?" The curly-haired boy looked down in sadness as he hasn't had someone since his freshman year of college.