Shaving

*ring* *ring*

"Huh, what time is it?" EJ checked his phone to see that his morning alarm was going off for school.

"7:30am?! Shit, I'm going to be late!"

The jock sat up from his desk where he fell asleep due to him catching up on his homework and studying late last night. He didn't realize he lost track of time and fell asleep doing his school work. He walked over to his closet, grabbed a fresh shirt and ran over to the bathroom to brush his teeth. While putting his shirt on. he looked in the mirror of his bathroom and saw that he forgot to shave yesterday for his waterpolo match today.

"Shit, shit shit. This can't be happening right now. How did I forget to do that? Coach is gonna kill me." EJ was now panicking more than ever.

He grabbed his backpack, threw his homework in there, grabbed his shaving suppliesfrom his bathroom cabinet, and headed downstairs. Luckily, his water polo uniform only consisted of a speedo and goggles, so he already had that packed in his car. He grabbed his car keys and headed out the front door. He saw a note taped to his car, wondering who it was from.

"Sorry, we can't make it to your game today son. Work called us in, but good luck! Love mom and dad." If EJ wasn't already having a bad morning, he sure did now.

On his drive to school, he started to think about his parents and how they never make it to any of his games. He has gotten used to it over the years, but he was hoping that this year, his senior year, would be different for him, but I guess not. EJ decided to change the subject and tried to figure out how he was going to shave his back today before his water polo game.

Usually, he and his teammates would go the day before a game to get their bodies waxed, but EJ didn't go with them yesterday. He had too much homework to catch up on and needed to study. He hoped his dad would be home to help him out, but that didn't work out. He then thought he could do it himself by watching some YouTube videos, but suddenly realized that he couldn't reach his entire back.

He then thought about asking his teammates to help him out, but he didn't want to hear them make fun of him or tease him about not shaving prior to a game. He also knew that one of them would definitely tell the coach about it and he didn't want to do extra laps in the pool for not shaving. He was just about to pull into school, when a skateboarder cut him off in the parking lot.

"Bowen, idiot." EJ said, honking his horn.

Ricky turned around and saw that it was EJ and flipped him off before skating into school.

This was going to be a long day for EJ.

School started and EJ couldn't really focus during any of it. He kept thinking about how he was going to deal with this whole shaving problem. Yes, he could not shave at all since his back wasn't THAT hairy, but the less hair you have, the easier it is to swim. So it was best that he did shave.

EJ thought he could ask his theater friends for help, but they would be just as annoying as his teammates. They would think it was gross or make of him that he has to shave, he didn't want to deal with that humiliation either. So he decided that he would have to shave his back on his own and just hope for the best.

Lunch time came around and EJ thought it would be best to shave during then. Most people would either be at the cafeteria eating lunch or in the library studying, so nobody should be in the restrooms. EJ headed to his locker avoiding his friends, grabbing his gym bag, and headed to the farthest boy's restroom at school.

Back in the cafetiera, Ricky was sitting with the rest of the theater gang, not really paying to what everyone was saying.

"And that's what our next musical should be about." Was all Ricky heard before he got up to leave.

He Could Be The One: RJ CASWEN OneShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara