Time to Settle Down

"Ahhhhh." Ricky says, letting out a sigh of relaxation and relief as he took a seat on his couch. His laptop open, TV turned on to his favorite comfort show "New Girl", mini keyboard on the sofa table, and journal in hand as he was finally able to relax and get to writing material for his new album.

"Hey babe, did you want to-" Ricky turned to his right side and looked at the empty spot on the couch next to him. It felt cold, lonely, sad, he missed EJ, he missed his boyfriend, he missed his other half.

"He'll be back in a few days. It's okay, you'll be okay, Ricky." The young 24 year old told himself as he ate a bowl of mac and cheese. He was waiting for his boyfriend to return home from a wedding that he had to pass on, to work on his new upcoming album.

As the funny sitcom flashed on the TV and Ricky wrote down lyrics as they came to his head, he was starting to miss his muse and his inspiration. He was about to pick up his phone and call his boyfriend, when it rang instead with the picture of the adorable couple appearing under EJ's name.

"Hello."

"Hi Baby."

"EJ! I thought you're still at the wedding?"

"I am, but it's not the same here without you. I miss you my prince." Ricky blushed at the nickname as he loved hearing it come from his boyfriend's mouth.

"I miss you too Jay."

"What are you wearing?"

"EJ!"

"What?! I miss you and your body. Now tell me what you're wearing baby."

"Just sweatpants and a tank top."

"The gray ones and your blue tank top?"

"How did you know?"

"Cause I know you so well." Ricky blushed again from behind the phone. He hated yet loved that after all of these years, his boyfriend can still make him feel this way.

"I miss you. When are you coming home?"

"Soon Ri, soon."

"Good, I can't wait to hear all about the wedding!"

"Can't wait to tell you. It gave me ideas for ours."

Ricky went silent over the phone as EJ said that...

"Ri? You still there?" EJ asked after a few seconds of Ricky not responding.

"Huh? Yeah, yeah, I'm still here."

"How is the album coming along?"

"It's...coming. I'm over halfway done, but I'm missing something."

"Yeah? What's that?"

"You.. my inspiration, my muse."

"Well, you don't have to wait any longer." Ricky was confused as EJ said that. He sounded close to him, but he couldn't be. He was at the wedding in California on the other side of the country, he couldn't be in New York already. He wasn't supposed to be here for another 2 days.

"Jay, what are you talking about?" Ricky asked his boyfriend over the phone, but there was no response. Instead, all Ricky heard was a knock on the door.

"Hold on babe, someone is at the door." Ricky grabbed his cell phone, walked to the front door, and opened it slowly.

"Hi baby."

"EJ!"

EJ hung up his cell phone, put it in his pocket, and dropped his bags to the floor. Ricky hung up the phone and put it on the side table next to him. The curly haired boy jumped into his boyfriend's arms as he wrapped them around the taller boy's neck and his leg's around his boyfriend's waist.