Broken Leg

"Good Morning Sweetie."

"Morning Mom." EJ tells his mom as the two greeted each other at the kitchen counter.

"Want me to make you breakfast?"

"No thanks, I'm actually on my way out."

"Out? It's 8 in the morning on a Saturday. Where are you going?"

"To Ricky's. I'm going to help him and Mike out."

"Oh that's nice, sweetie. Let me give you money for food then." EJ's mom hands me a $100 bill for food.

"Mom, this is too much."

"Don't worry about it sweetie. You get something nice to eat for the three of you, my treat."

"Thanks Mom." EJ gives her a hug and kiss before heading to the door.

"Tell Ricky, I hope he feels better!" His mom yells out as EJ's is walking out the door.

"Oh son, hold up."

"Oh hi Dad. What's up?"

"Give this to Mike, tell him it's on us." Cash says, handing EJ an envelope.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?"

"A gift. Just to say thanks." EJ had a confused look on his face.

"Uh, okay sure thing. I gotta go now, Ricky is waiting for me."

"Have fun son." EJ gave his dad a hug and headed to his car.

The jock had his car filled with games, food, blankets, medicine, and everything you need to cheer someone up who just broke their leg.

Yes, Ricky broke his leg. He broke it skateboarding last week with Big Red. He wanted to show Big Red this new trick he saw on Youtube, but when he went to complete it, he totally missed the railing and wiped out. Luckily, Slices wasn't too far from the skate park, so Big Red's parents came and took them to the hospital while Mike met them there. This wasn't Ricky's first time breaking a bone from skateboarding, but it was the first time breaking his leg from skateboarding. Usually, he would break an arm or wrist or finger, but he had never broken his leg before.

It has been a few weeks now and the Bowen boys were finally starting to get the hang of things. Ricky would have a bell he would ring whenever he needed his dad to bring him food or to take him downstairs. The shower situation was hard at first, but now Ricky was able to shower on his own, thanks to a chair in there.

EJ wanted to do something nice for his boyfriend and his future father in law. So he decided to surprise the two and have Mike take the day off to spend some time for himself, while EJ took care of Ricky. He was hoping that by dropping by unannounced that Mike couldn't say no.

EJ arrived at the Bowen household, took his bags and suitcase from his car, and knocked on the door.

"EJ, what are you doing here?" Mike said, opening the door.

"Hi Mike. I am here to relieve you of your Ricky sitting duties."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I am here to take care of Ricky and give you a Saturday to yourself, you deserve it."

"EJ, I don't know. Ricky's a handful, especially with his leg broken now." MIke said and immediately the two heard a bell coming from upstairs.

"Dad, I'm up now! And hungry!!" Ricky yelled from his upstairs bedroom.

"I- uh,"

"Let me Mike." EJ said, walking through the front door now, dropping his bags off in the living room.