More Than An Award

"Is it on yet? Did I miss it?" Nini said, running through the front door of Ashlyn's house with Gina.

"No, but it's about to start, hurry up! What happened to you two?" Ashlyn asked the two girls.

"Sorry, for running late. We had to get everything set up at Ricky's place in case he won." Gina said, while taking off her coat and sitting down on the couch next to her friends.

"You mean WHEN he wins!" Big Red pointed out.

"Yes, WHEN he wins!"

"Guys, shut up, it's starting!" Carlos said, while turning up the TV.

"Welcome everyone to the 80th Annual Grammy Awards." The announcer said.

"With performances by: Ricky Bowen, Ariana Grande, Harry Styles,Taylor Swift, ..."

The entire gang at Ashlyn's place was going crazy hearing Ricky's name announced. They couldn't believe that their friend, one of their own, was being nominated for a Grammy tonight. But not just one grammy, 7 GRAMMYS! Ricky's new heartfelt love album that he wrote for EJ was so popular it got nominated in all the categories: Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Music Video of the Year, Pop Album, and Pop Solo Performance. Ricky even got nominated for Best New Artist. His friends couldn't believe it, his dreams were coming true.

When the nominations were first announced a few months ago, everyone was so excited for their friend. Ashlyn agreed to host the viewing party since RIcky was only able to get two tickets; one for his dad and one for his boyfriend, EJ. The whole gang came over to celebrate Ricky and all his accomplishments knowing that they were throwing the biggest congratulatory party for him.

"I can't believe this is happening to him." Seb said.

"Wish it was me though." Carlos said, jokingly as Seb hugged him. "One day sweetie."

"Oooo he looks good!" Kourtney said as the camera panned over to him on the screen. "Good thing he let me dress him."

"EJ looks pretty good too. Thanks for doing that Kourt, they look amazing." Ashlyn said, grabbing her friend's hand to thank her.

"Anytime girl. It's a Kourtney Greene original, I just hope he gives me a shoutout when he wins cause then business would be booming for me."

"You mean for us?" Howie came from behind Kourtney and kissed her on the cheek. "Yeah, yeah us. We're a team." She kissed him back.

"God, he looks so nervous. Thank god EJ and Mike are there with him." Nini said, grabbing Gina's hand for comfort.

"Don't worry babe. He's fine. Our boy is going to pull through, trust." GIna said, squeezing her girlfriend's hand back. She hoped she was right and that RIcky would be calm, cool, and collected....

She was wrong.

Back at the LA theater, which was only a few miles from Big Red and Ashlyn's new LA house (they bought it to be closer to their best friend and cousin), Ricky was freaking out.

"E, I don't know if I can do this. It's too much pressure. Everyone is staring at me, what if I don't win? What if I'm a failure? What if I lose everything."

"Shhh, shhh, Ricky it's okay, calm down. Take deep breaths, breathe with me okay? In one, out one, in two, out two." EJ said, trying to calm his boyfriend down.

"Thanks baby, I needed that." Ricky said, calming down now as he was holding EJ's hand for support.

"Guys, you will never believe this! I just got a picture with Taylor Swift! She was so nice, this place is amazing!" Mike said, acting like a kid in a candy show. He has never been to one of these award shows before, so he was definitely geeking out.