My Good Luck Charm

"There are 30 seconds left in the game. The Wildcats are down by 2, if EJ Caswell and the team can score right now, they are heading to the championship!" The announcer said over the loudspeaker as the bright Friday night lights shined through the cold darkened Utah sky.

"Alright guys huddle up!" Quarterback EJ Caswell said to his teammates.

"We are down by 2 and we have two downs left. We can score here and close out the game and head to the championships!" He said, giving his teammates a pep talk as the other football players yelled in agreement.

"Alright, hike the ball to me, Howie get open cause it's coming to you." EJ said to his new bestie and teammate as the jock transferred to East High to spend his senior year with Kourtney and the Wildcats.

"Got it cap."

"Great, Wildcats on 3. Ready, 1, 2,3!" EJ shouted.

"WILDCATS! BREAK!" The teammates clapped at once and got into position.

EJ positioned himself right behind the center lineman ready to get the hiked ball. He looked around the stadium just as the seconds were counting down for the play to start. He could see the deep breath in the air just as the cold night came upon them.

This was it, the moment EJ has been waiting for, it all comes down to him. One more play and his team can head to the championship game and bring home a trophy for the school. Nothing can mess this up.

He looked to his right and could see his cousin leading the band as they were getting ready to celebrate the win. She gave him a thumbs up, where he could only see it. He then looked further down to the right and could see Carlos leading the color guard team, instructing them to get ready to celebrate. He looked up in the crowd and could see Big Red, Kourtney, and Seb in the stands cheering him on.

He looked to his bench and could see Gina, his best friend, in her football uniform as she was the star kicker. Her time will come and she will win the game for the Wildcats, he just knows it. EJ then looked to his left at the cheerleaders and saw Nini blow a kiss to Gina on the bench as the short brunette girl shook her pom poms in the air. He then looked right next to her and saw him... his pride and joy, the one who has his heart, his boyfriend Ricky.

The curly haired cheerleader looked so good in his uniform which consisted of a pair of white pants and red top. EJ always thought Ricky would look good in the normal cheer uniform, like what Nini wears, but the skater turned cheerleader didn't think so. The quarterback smiled so big when he saw his boyfriend and mouthed the words, 'I love you', to which Ricky just blushed and mouthed back, 'I love you too'. EJ was so happy, nothing can ruin this moment.

The whistle blew from the referee as the play began. The center linemen hiked the ball to EJ as the quarterback took a few steps back, scanning the field. He could see one of his receivers down field, but he was being defended pretty well. He looked the other way to see Howie wide open, ready to receive the ball, just liked how they drew it up.

EJ took another step back as he cocked his arm, getting ready to throw the ball to Howie, when he turned to the left and saw Ricky. His perfect boyfriend was smiling, cheering, and yelling his name out of pure happiness. The quarterback thought it was the cutest thing he had ever seen, but it caused him to get distracted and lose focus of the game.

The senior was suddenly tackled to the ground as he didn't see the defender rushing into him. He took a hard hit to the ground as the football came out of his hand.

"FUMBLE!" The announcer shouted as a collective gasp came from the crowd.

Both teams turned to face the football that was no loose on the field as everyone rushed to grab it. Two no three no four footballers jumped on top of the loose ball as it quickly turned into a giant dog pile to retrieve it. The ref blew his whistle and ran over to the pile picking players off one by one.