Grocery Store

It's a beautiful Sunday morning, when EJ rolls over to see Ricky in bed with him...

"Good Morning, my beautiful husband." EJ whispered into Ricky's ear.

Ricky didn't answer though, instead he brought their blanket up over his head and went back to sleep.

"5 more minutes. It's too early." Ricky mumbled from underneath the covers.

EJ just laughed, pushed a curly out of Ricky's face, and kissed his husband on the forehead before making his way downstairs to the kitchen.

EJ was smiling from ear to ear walking downstairs to their kitchen. He started to play with his wedding ring and was so happy to be married to Ricky for over 5 years now (they got married right after they both graduated from college). He didn't want to wake Ricky up, so he was going to surprise him and make him breakfast in bed.

EJ walked over to the fridge to grab some eggs, bacon, and orange juice, all of Ricky's favorites, but realized that they had none of those things. So he looked inside their cabinets to try and find cereal, but nothing. Maybe pancake mix? Nope. Bread for toast? Nah. Dang they were really out of food. Guess he gotta go to the grocery store this morning.

"Damn, we really don't have any food. Guess that happens when you live with a pro skater, they eat everything." EJ said with a slight chuckle. (A/N: Yes, I made Ricky a pro skater)

EJ quietly made his way to the front door, grabbing his keys and wallet, and was about to head out when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Babe, where are you going?" A sleepy Ricky said while yawning.

"To the grocery store. We ran out of breakfast foods. Go back to sleep sweetie, I'll be back soon."

"Oo, I wanna go! Let me come with you. Pleasssseee" Ricky said making those puppy dog eyes that EJ can't resist.

"Fine! But let's be quick, I still want to make you breakfast in bed. Not lunch in bed."

Ricky's face turned into a big smile. He ran down the rest of the stairs and straight into EJ's arms. He grabbed the tall boy by his hand and walked him to the car.

"You seriously going in your pajamas?" EJ asked.

"What.. We are just going to the store, not the prom. Plus you are wearing pajamas too!"

EJ looked down and noticed he was in his grey sweatpants.

"These are sweatpants. Unlike your "I <3 New York" pajama bottoms."

"Toucee. But you bought me these for my birthday, so they mean something to me. Plus your sweatpants are hot and tight, I can see everyth-"

"OMG babe! STOP!"

"Mhmm maybe I'm not hungry for eggs and bacon after all, maybe I want something else.. Like some big, long sausage?"

"RICKY!!! Be quiet! The neighbors could hear you! Plus I want eggs and bacon now! Let's go before the neighbors come out!" EJ said to Ricky.

When they got in the car though, EJ whispered, "Maybe we can have some sausage after breakfast though" This made Ricky feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

They finally arrived at the grocery store and started to shop. Man you would think this was Ricky's first time here, he was like a kid in a candy store. Going down every aisle, picking everything he wanted (even though they just came for breakfast foods), and yelling EJ's name all over the store. He was so embarrassing, but he was cute.

"Ricky! Ricky! Shhhh. Come on, let's just grab the stuff we need and get home" EJ said, finally getting a hold of his husband.

The two boys were hand in hand walking down the aisles to get all of their breakfast essentials. Ricky was snuggling up to his taller husband's arm as they walked throughout the dairy section.

"Sorry babe for being a handful this early in the morning. I guess I finally woke up." Ricky said to his husband in the checkout line.

"It's all good baby. Guess I wasn't fully up either, just needed my coffee."

"Well come on! Let's get home so we can cook everything and spend the rest of the day in bed."

"I would love that." EJ leaned down to kiss his husband on the lips.

They finally checked out with EJ paying for the groceries and Ricky bagging them up. As they were about to leave the store, an older, taller, white gentleman approached them.

He had a mean look on his face causing the two boys to get scared. They thought he was going to say some hurtful slur to them or worse, beat them up. So EJ stepped in front of his husband protecting him from the taller gentlemen.

"Can we help you?" EJ said in a stern voice.

The taller white man took a step forward to them. EJ made sure Ricky was behind him the whole time, but the skater boy had his hand on EJ's waist for comfort. EJ's hands turned to fists and became white with anger, he was prepared to fight.

The taller man approached them and then instantly smiled?

"I just wanted to say you two are so cute together! It reminds me of when my husband and I were young and in love. Now we just sleep around all day and watch tv. Don't ever lose that love between you two. Have a good day!" The taller white man said with a smile before waving goodbye to the two boys.

The two boys were stunned! They did not think that was going to happen, they were prepared to fight. EJ's jaw was on the floor and he didn't even say anything to the taller man. Ricky on the other hand ran out of the store to catch up with the taller guy. EJ followed suit, but saw Ricky smiling at the guy, thanking him, then giving him a hug before walking back over to their car.

"What did you say to him babe?"

"Just wanted to thank him and see if he had any advice for us."

"And?"

"He said "always protect each other and never lose that sparkle in the relationship", whatever that means."

EJ grabbed his husband and kissed him on the forehead, then looked at the older man who was staring at them. EJ mouthed a thank you to him before getting in his car.

"Cmon baby, let's go home and make some breakfast."

"And sausage?"

"Yes and sausage... you deserve it."

They kissed one last time before driving back home listening to Taylor Swift's "King of My Heart".

Nothing can break their relationship.

A/N: just a little something I thought of today. it was just a meh story.