Thanksgiving

TW: homophobic slurs

"Is what I'm wearing okay, babe?" Ricky asked his boyfriend, EJ, over Facetime if his clothes were okay.

"Yes, whatever you wear will be perfect bubs. Just relax."

EJ invited Ricky over to spend thanksgiving with the Caswell's at their mansion. Even though Ricky had met EJ's parents before, he was still feeling super nervous, they never seemed to fully like him.

"And are you sure it's okay if my dad comes? I know you just invited me, but I didn't want to be alone on Thanksgiving. He didn't really seem to have plans and -"

"Ricky, Ricky, calm down. Yes, it's okay. I totally forgot to invite him, I just assumed he was busy. So I am glad he is showing up."

"Okay, cool cool. Just wanted to make sure."

"Ricky! You almost ready? We don't want to be late and make a bad first impression." Mike yelled from his bedroom.

"Yeah dad! Almost ready." Ricky yelled back to his father.

"Okay, baby, I'll see you soon. I love you."

"Love you too, bubs. I'll be waiting for you." EJ said, hanging up on Facetime.

About an hour or so later, the Bowen boys arrived at the Caswell's mansion, ready for a nice, quiet evening of Thanksgiving dinner... or so they thought.

EJ answered the door, wearing a full suit for dinner.

"Babe, I thought you said what I was wearing was fine?"

"It is! It's just dinner."

"I'm literally wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and a blazer jacket. You are in a full suit! Even my dad is in a full suit! I should go -"

"Ricky! Come here!" EJ pulled his boyfriend into a hug to calm him down. "What you are wearing is amazing, because you are amazing and that is all that matters."

EJ was about to kiss his boyfriend, when Mike coughed in front of the two boys.

"Oh, uh sorry. Hi Mr. Bowen"

"EJ! We've been over this a million times, call me Mike. And don't be so formal, come here!" Mike said to EJ engulfing him in the biggest bear hug ever, which EJ fully enjoyed. He has never gotten that fatherly love before.

Cash Caswell and his wife came to the front door to greet the Bowen's.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Caswell thank you for inviting us into your home for Thanksgiving." Ricky was trying to be overly polite to his boyfriend's parents.

Mrs. Caswell smiled and gave him a small hug, Cash Caswell just shook his hand and had a stern look on his face.

"What a lovely home, hopefully the food matches it too." Mike tried to break the awkward tension between his son and Cash, but no dad joke was going to stop it.

"Thank you Mr. Bowen"

"Please, call me Mike."

"Thank you Mike. Right this way to the dinner table." Mrs. Caswell said.

EJ grabbed Ricky's hand, interlocked their fingers, and walked to the dining room table. Cash was walking behind the two boys to the dinner table. *cough* *cough*. The two boys quickly let go of each other's hand noticing Cash was behind them.

EJ pulled the chair out for Ricky to sit in causing the skater boy to blush a little. EJ was smiling from ear to ear, happy to finally have a nice quiet dinner with his boyfriend and family.