He Could Be The One

It was just a normal Wednesday night, dad was working late, I had the house to myself and surprisingly I finished all of my homework early.

Yes, I know it's a shocker that I, Ricky Bowen, finished my homework on time. But I don't know, something about today felt like I wanted to do nothing at night and just sit back and watch tv, so I had to finish my homework early.

It was around 7pm and I was sitting on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn watching my favorite guilty pleasure show, Hannah Montana. It was a show I grew up with, but somehow wanted to be a part of. I mean, c'mon, living the dream of being a popstar but also a normal teenager, who wouldn't want that?

The episode I was on was one of my favorites! It was the episode where Hannah had to choose between two guys to whom she would date. Jake, the cute boy who she had a lot of history with and previously date or Jesse, the new guy who is a bit of a bad boy and is raging hot.

I could kind of relate to this dilemma. Should I continue to date Nini, the girl who I have had history with my entire life, who is sweet, calm, and adorable or someone new, who is strong, brave, bold, bad, and smoking hot. I was lost in thought, I didn't even hear someone knock on the door, until I finally heard the doorbell ring.

Who could that be? My dad was still at work, Big Red and Kourt were working, Gina and Ash were having a "girl's" night with Carlos and Seb, and Nini would usually text me before coming over. I pause the episode and walk over to the door, opening it to see EJ Caswell.

I totally forgot about EJ. We were "friends", but mostly only during theater or around the others. We never really hung out one on one or even texted each other, let alone showing up at each other's houses unannounced.

"So, are you going to let me in Bowen?"

"Uh, what? What are you doing here?"

"Well good to see you too. Remember we are lab partners for chemistry and we have the big project due tomorrow. You told me today in class to come by tonight to work on it. So here I am."

Oh shit, I totally forgot about that. It must have slipped my mind, but I am not opposed to him, EJ, being at my house.

"Oh yeah, sorry. It must have slipped my mind. Come on in."

"Cool! I brought some food too. Hope you like buffalo wings"

How did he know wings are my favorite? And how did he look so good? He must have just gotten out of water polo practice. He hair was still wet, he was in a big, red East High hoodie, and some tight grey sweatpants where you can see the outline of his big di-

"Ricky, Ricky! Can you hear me? Hello? I said, I hope you like buffalo wings."

"Oh yeah, sorry. I do, they are my favorite"

" I figured"

After we finished eating (note to self: pay EJ back for wings), we decided to get started on the project.

"Love that show. One of my favorite episodes."

"Huh?"

EJ pointed to the tv with his pencil. I totally forgot I had the tv still on and instantly started to blush, how embarrassing. No one knew that I watched this show, not even Nini or Big Red.

"Oh sorry." I rushed over to turn the tv off.

"Don't be. Hannah Montana is a freaking great show. Especially that episode, I was surprised she chose Jesse though, thought she would choose Jake. You know cause of their history and all."

"Really? I wanted her to choose Jesse. A fresh start, something new, plus he was a super hot bad boy."

WAIT! Did I just say hot? Damn, now EJ knows I'm bi.

"Yeah, he was hot." EJ said with a smirk, looking at me.

I immediately started to blush, so I had to change the subject.

"So, chemistry. It's pretty boring huh."

"Not when you have an amazing partner by your side."

Okay that was definitely flirting, was EJ Caswell flirting with me?

"Yeah, same to you.. partner" I said, playfully hitting EJ's arm.

About an hour later we finished up our project and EJ started to pack up.

"Alright, so all good for tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Cool."

"Cool, cool. Aight I'm gonna head out. It's getting kind of late."

"Yeah it is. My dad should be home any minute too, so I should probably clean up the house a little bit."

I walk EJ over to our door, but not before he stops me. Grabbing my waist and turning me around.

"Ricky, I like you. I really like you."

I froze. My cheeks start to turn red, I can feel my heart racing, and getting butterflies in my stomach. His eyes look so soft and somewhere I can get lost in. His grip on my waist is tight, but also protective. He smells so good, so I went for it. I kissed him.

It was short and sweet, but it was everything.

"I like you too, EJ."

We kissed for a little bit longer, before EJ finally said something.

"No wonder why you wanted Hannah to get with Jesse, you like us bad boys don't you." EJ said with a smirk. I roll my eyes and push him out the door, smiling and waving goodbye to him.

I close the door and lean back against it.

"Maybe, just maybe. He could be the one."

A/N: Hiiii! this was just something short and sweet that I thought of and how to intertwine the title to my work. I have a few more ideas in mind of what I want to write about, but taking it day by day. If you want me to write about something specific between our two favorite lovers, let me know! Thanks for reading! :)