The Concert (Part 3) EJ's POV

I still can't believe Ricky asked me to go to the concert with him. Yeah, I was probably his last resort, but he still asked me. He could have just gone with his dad or another friend, but he chose me. Okay, relax EJ. He probably doesn't like you and is just being a good friend, but I still gotta look nice and treat him to an amazing dinner.

I put on some black jeans, a red button up shirt (I mean RED for the RED Album, obviously), a black leather jacket, and put on my favorite cologne. I grabbed my keys to my Jeep and headed over to Ricky's place.

I knocked on his door, he answered in his cute little "I heart Taylor" shirt and god he looked amazing. Even though he was just in a t-shirt and jeans, it fit him so well. We got into my car and drove to my favorite Italian restaurant. My old babysitter was the hostess and a family friend was our waitress. I ordered my favorite dish and Ricky ordered a classic spaghetti. Wouldn't it be cute if we shared a noodle and our lips met in the middle and we kissed, but that won't ever happen.

After we finished eating, we headed to the concert. Ricky grabbed the aux cord and started to play, "22", a classic bop. I start tapping my thumbs on the steering wheel, humming to the song, and quietly sing the lyrics, hoping Ricky doesn't notice.

"Is EJ Caswell a closeted Swiftie?" He asked me.

"Shut up Bowen!" I said back to him. "That's not the only thing that's closeted about me.." I mumble under my breath.

"Uh?" Ricky asked. I mentally panic. Did he hear me? What do I say? I don't know what to do, so I just punch him in the arm.

"OW! Pay attention to the road! I am not dying before I see the Queen perform." Ricky says. He's so cute when he talks about Taylor. I just roll my eyes and smile.

We arrived at the concert and it's such a cool stadium. The concert is amazing and we are about halfway into it, when Taylor starts to play "Lover" , an all time favorite of mine.

She tells the crowd that this one is for the couples out there. I want to hold Ricky's hand, but what if he freaks out, so I just stand there, awkwardly next to him.

As the song plays, Ricky gets closer to me. He finally grabs my hand and my heart does a million flips. He pulls me close and we are face to face, eye to eye, lips to lips. The dramatic environment and amazing singing from Taylor sets the perfect mood. I want to kiss him so bad, but before I realize it, he pulls me in and kisses me as the song ends.

This was all I ever wanted from him, but I wasn't prepared. I wanted to be the one to initiate the kiss first, I wanted to take the lead, I wanted to do it first. Once the song ends, I pull away from Ricky feeling sad and a little bit jealous that he took the lead. I grab my stuff walking towards the exit, this is not how I wanted things to go.

"EJ! EJ! Wait! Please! I'm sorry" I heard Ricky say to me as we were almost near the exit. I stop walking, but still have my back towards him.

"EJ, please just listen to me. I'm sorry. I thought we had something going and I thought I was getting signals from you. I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way. I just had to do it. For me." Ricky starts to ramble and I feel so ashamed.

Taylor starts the next song and of course it's "Love Story", our love story.

"We were both young when I first saw you

I close my eyes and the flashback starts

I'm standin' there"

I turn around looking at Ricky. He looks so sad and hurt, I hate to see him like this. What did I do...

"Beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone

I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run

You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess

It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

I walk closer to Ricky, hoping he doesn't run away from me. He takes a step back, I can tell he is feeling nervous. I grab his hand, holding him in place, making sure I don't screw this up again.

"But you were everything to me

I was beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said"

I'm holding his hands, lifting his chin up to look at me, making sure I take the lead this time, so he knows how I feel.

"I got tired of waiting

Wonderin' if you were ever comin' around

My faith in you was fading

When I met you on the outskirts of town, and I said

"Ricky, I am sorry I ran away. I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just surprised. I wanted to be the one to kiss you first and take the lead."

Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone

I keep waiting for you, but you never come

Is this in my head? I don't know what to think

He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring

And said, "Marry me, Juliet

You'll never have to be alone

I love you and that's all I really know"

I pull Ricky into a hug as the song continues playing in the background and just dance with him in the middle of the hallway. No one was around, it was just us, Taylor's voice, and love.

"Ricky?"

"Yeah, EJ?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"I thought you would never ask."

It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh, oh

'Cause we were both young when I first saw you