Lovesick Boys

Water Polo practice ended early, so I headed towards the dance studio to meet everyone for rehearsal. I guess I arrived earlier than I thought because I was so surprised at what I saw when I opened the door.

Is that Ricky? Trying to dance? He looked so cute trying to do whatever dance he's doing. He had his Airpods in and couldn't hear a thing. He looked like he was trying to memorize a dance to some song or something.

I slowly walked into the studio, quietly closing the door behind me. I hide behind the bleachers in the studio and just peek through the steps to see Ricky. I know it is kind of creepy to spy on someone, but he looked so cute and adorable. His little butt in those tight jeans and his arms in that orange hoodie, how could you not look at him.

I was so lost in thought and staring, that I didn't hear my water bottle drop out of my backpack. I only noticed that I got caught when Ricky stopped dancing.

"EJ? How long have you been standing there?"

"Uh-I, not that long. Cool moves."

Ricky's eyes got big as he noticed he got caught. He started to gather his things and was headed towards the door.

"WAIT! Can you show me what you were dancing too?

"Are you serious? I can't dance for shit and that was totally embarrassing."

"C'mon Ricky. Teach me."

"Ugh, fine. Come here."

"So what were you dancing to?"

"Remember that Kpop group, BLACKPINK, Gina showed us a few months ago?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, to be honest, I have been totally obsessed with them!! So now i am trying to learn their dance moves to the song, How You Like That, I know it sounds ridiculous and stupid, but-"

"Hey! Don't say that. I think it's kind of cute."

"I-UH YEAH thanks.. SO.. just watch what I do."

Ricky started to dance to the song, he had one airpod in his ear and I had the other. I was trying to mimic his moves, but I had no idea what I was doing.

"Hey, Ricky. I don't think I'm getting this. Could you help me?"

"Yeah, sure. Come closer."

I walked over to Ricky, who had his arms wide open to me, like inviting me to be close to him.

"Okay, watch me first" Ricky danced a simple move.

"Think you could do that?"

"Yeah, let me try." I failed, miserably.

"It's okay, EJ. Try it like this."

Ricky came behind me, startling me a little, but then placed his hands on my waist. I immediately felt my legs turn to jelly and I almost fell, but I felt Ricky's grip on my waist tighten, holding me up.

"You okay there, EJ?"

"Yeah, just tired from practice." (Even though practice ended early)

"Oh, okay. Here, move your hips like this." Ricky said, moving my hips to the rhythm of the song.

I know this is bad and I shouldn't be doing this since I know this song and dance like the back of my hand (What, call me a BLINK), but Ricky doesn't need to know that. And I love the way he is teaching me and touching me and making me feel safe.

I was lost in thought and wasn't really paying attention to the dance, when I tripped and fell over my feet.

"Woah, EJ. Gotta be careful there. Here, take my hand." Ricky said, reaching his hand out to me.

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. Now we are face to face, chest to chest, hand to hand.

I stare at him, looking deep into his dark brown eyes and then to his lips. He, surprisingly, gets the hint and looks at me the same way. I start to learn forward, he follows my lead, we are inches apart. I can feel his breath on my lips, his hand holding mine, nose to nose, and with one final move I-

"OMG, I can't watch any longer! That was some of the worst dancing I have ever seen."

"GINA! We were uh-"

"Right in the middle of something? Yeah, I know. I saw. Y'all are cute and everything and I fully support this relationship, but I can't sit back and watch this anymore."

"What are you talking about?"

"As the head of Utah BLINKS, I have to properly teach you boys the right dance moves to this amazing song. Now follow my lead!"

Gina can be kind of scary, but she has the right intentions.

Ricky and I followed Gina's lead as much as we could, but we couldn't concentrate.

We kept on exchanging glances at each other, making each other smile and laugh. It felt so right to look at him like that.

I guess you could say, we were LOVESICK.