He Could Be The One (Part 2)

"Good Morning Class, Welcome to AP Literature" The teacher said introducing themselves to the class.

It was senior year of highschool for one EJ Caswell and his final semester at East High. He thought it was a good idea to take all AP classes his senior year, so that he would end highschool on a high note. AP Physics, AP Calculus, AP Government, Theater, Waterpolo, and AP Literature.. He was an idiot for taking all of those classes his final semester, but it was too late now.

It was the middle of his schedule and EJ was just walking to his next class, AP Literature. Even though he was the most popular guy in school, he only knew a few people in this class, but didn't really talk to them. Class was about to start and EJ took a seat in the back of the room, the final bell rang and someone came running into the room.

"Ricky?" EJ said to himself.

"Is this AP Literature?" Ricky asked.

"Yes, please take your seat." The teacher responded.

Ricky looked around the classroom when he noticed EJ in the back of the class and an empty seat next to him. He made his way through the row of students to the empty seat.

"Sup Caswell"

"Bowen.. What are you doing here?"

"This is AP Lit right?"

"Yeah, but.."

"But you didn't think I was capable of taking such a class." EJ became silent, he knew that what Ricky was thinking and it was true.

"Uh yeah.. Maybe. I just never pegged you to be a literature type of person."

"You don't know what I do in my free time." Ricky said with a little chuckle.

"Okay, class. First assignment is to work together in pairs, that way you can get to know one another without doing all of that icebreaker stuff. Write something about the other person that you got to know about them and have it in by the end of the week. Do something creative, not just a boring essay." The teacher told the class as the bell rang for the final period.

EJ immediately turned to Ricky. Yes, they were in theater together and did a few musicals, but he didn't really KNOW him. Not like that, not on a personal level, and EJ really wanted to get to know him and actually become friends with him. So, he wanted to work with Ricky on this assignment, but before EJ could say anything Ricky spoke for him.

"On it, Caswell. Meet at my house after school and we can work on this together." Ricky said as he started to pack his things.

"Uh, you want to be my partner?" EJ said with a glimmer of hope.

"Well, you are the only person I know in this class and I don't want to talk to anyone else, so why not, could be fun. Meet at my house after school okay?"

EJ felt a little less hopeful after that statement, but there was still a chance. "I- uh have water polo practice after school."

"Okay, after that come over. I'm not doing anything." And with that Ricky left the classroom leaving EJ in a state of wonder.

It was after practice and EJ was heading to Ricky's house. He remembered where he lived from the times he had to drop him off after rehearsals, so it was an easy drive for him.

EJ knocked on the door and standing in front of him was the curly-haired skater boy in gym shorts, black crew socks, and an oversized East High hoodie.. He was the most beautiful person EJ had ever seen, but he won't ever admit that.