Birthday Pool Party

"Hurry up Dad! We are going to be late". Ricky shouted from the kitchen.

"Calm down, Rick. Let me just grab a sweater and then we will head out." Mike shouted back from his upstairs bedroom.

"Dad, it's summer! You don't need to bring a sweater."

"But knowing you, you are going to get cold and want a jacket. So, that is where I come in."

"Whatever." Ricky said under his breath. His dad was right, he was always right.

"Okay, Ready?" Mike asked.

"Yes, finally! Let's go! I wanted to be fashionably late, not actually late." Ricky said, running out the door with his towel and pool bag in hand.

Ricky and Mike were heading over to Ashlyn's house to celebrate her 13th birthday. She was having a pool party, of course it's summer, and invited her classmates over to celebrate. On the way to the party, Ricky was super excited to hangout with his friends even though he just saw them last month when school got out, but he was also a little sad.

He was going to be a freshman next year at East High alongside his three best friends, Nini, Big Red, and Kourtney, but his other friends will still be back at middle school. He met Ashlyn, Carlos, Seb, and Gina all through theater club this year at their middle school and became friends super quick. They were all a year younger than Ricky, so he would start highschool without them in the fall.

"You okay bud? You're awfully quiet." Mike said, driving to the party.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking. But super excited for the party." Ricky said back to his dad.

Mike smiled and turned the radio on so they could enjoy some music on their ride.

"Oh dad, no oldies please. Let me play a summer song." Ricky said, plugging in his aux cord.

Ricky's summer playlist, which consisted of "Fabulous" "Super Bass" and "California Girls", played in the background as the two arrived at Ashlyn's house. Cars were already parked in the driveway, music blasting from the backyard, and the smell of hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill flooded through the air. Yeah, they were late.

"Ugh, dad! We're late! C'mon!" Ricky said, dragging his dad's hand to the party.

As soon as Ricky entered the backyard, he was greeted by his friends. Big Red, Nini, and Kourtney all gave him a hug followed by Carlos, Seb, and Gina. Mike greeted all of Ricky's friends, since he knew all of them, and went straight to Carol and Dana, Nini's mom's, to hangout with them.

Ricky questioned where Ashlyn's was, since it was her party, but heard her voice yelling at someone in the pool. Ricky saw the red headed girl shouting at someone in the pool, pointing at them, then to the house, then to the grill, she was mad about something. She noticed Ricky come in and started to walk over to him to greet him. Ricky smiled seeing the birthday girl, but was instantly taken back by the person getting out of the pool.

RIcky Bowen had never seen someone look so... perfect. This guy got out of the pool using his strong, tanned, toned arms to lift himself out of the water instead of using the stairs. This guy had on a really tight, bright red speedo where you can see ALL of him. Ricky started to get hot. This guy turned around and shook his head causing all of the water of his hair to splash everywhere. The water traveled down his tight, toned, sculpture like body where Ricky counted every single one of his 6 pack abs. This guy looked like something out of a movie and had the sunlight perfectly shine on him, it's like everything in Ricky's life was in slow motion right now.

Ricky was starting to get super sweaty and his throat started to get dry, he has never felt like this before.. Well he did once or twice. He felt this way when he first saw Nini back in the 2nd grade and Gina at the beginning of the year, but why was he feeling this way again when seeing this guy?