Met in College (Part 2)

Ricky's POV

It has been a few weeks since EJ and I first met at the coffee shop. We exchanged numbers and have been texting each other non-stop, granted it's mostly about school, but it's better than nothing right?

He asked me to study with him a few times and even though it wasn't anything special, it just felt right. Our weekly study sessions turned into daily as we studied together almost every day after our classes at the same coffee shop we met at. As soon as we walked in the barista would have our drinks ready, we were practically becoming regulars there now.

"Alright, should we start with stats?" EJ said, grabbing our drinks and food and sitting down at our usual table.

"Ughhh, hate that class."

"Cmon Ri, you got this! Plus our midterm is in a week, so we need to study for it." Ri, EJ gave me that nickname like a week after we started talking more. I didn't like it at first because it sounded like a girl's nickname, but hearing him say it makes it all better.

"Fine.." I said, biting into my chocolate chip muffin.

"Plus you got a great tutor right here." EJ said, using his thumb to whip some chocolate that was on the side of my mouth causing me to blush.

An hour goes by and I still can't get this stupid stat's work. I look over at EJ and he has already moved onto another subject to study. I need help, but he seems so busy and already invested in something else.

"You need help, don't you?" EJ said, looking up from his notebook.

"Huh? Uh, yeah. Could you help me?"

"Of course Ri. Let's see."

EJ walked around the table and stood behind me. His face was so close to mine, his eyes were so focused on the problem in front, and he was talking about how to do it, but I wasn't paying attention. Like how could I? Have you seen him?

His jawline was perfectly sharp and sculpted like if I touched it, it would definitely cut me. He would smile or laugh if he said something that wasn't right. He was so smart, so hot, and -

"Would you go out with me?" Shit, what did I just say? Why did I say that?

EJ looked down at me as I was looking up at him. Our eyes were locked onto each other's and a small smile crept on his face, but then faded.

"Ri, I-" Shit, I screwed up. This is so embarrassing. He doesn't like guys, why would he? I mean look at him, he is as straight as it gets. Oh god, I'm an idiot.

"Nevermind.. Forget I said anything."

"No, don't. I would love to, it's just I'm so busy with school and clubs and midterms."

"Right, I get you. Forget it, sorry." I grabbed my pencil from his hand and put my head down in my laptop.

The rest of our time studying was quiet, too quiet. It was mostly just pencil's writing or our keys clicking on our laptop. Closing time came for the coffee shop, meaning it was time for us to go home.

"Thanks for helping me out, Eej. I'll uh, see you in class tomorrow."

I start packing my things up and head towards the front door. Right when I'm about to open the door though, EJ grabs my arm causing me to stop.

"I like you Ricky and I do want to go on that date with you. How about after midterms are over and things settle down, we can go on that date? Right now, I just need to focus on passing my exams."

My face changes to a big happy smile, my heart is pounding, and I suddenly feel so much happier.

"I would like that. And I like you too, E. Study again tomorrow? I really need to pass stats."