We Are Your REAL Dads

Requested by: Middleof10 (Ages ago! I had it ready, just forgot to post it. Hope I did it justice!) 

"Good morning my angel." EJ says, as he turns over in bed hugging his husband.

"Morning love." Ricky rolls over and kisses him.

The two shirtless men cuddled with each other as the sun shined through the curtains of their master bedroom. They were holding and kissing each other, when they saw their bedroom door slightly open.

"Right on cue." Ricky said.

"MORNING DADS!" 5 year old Mikey said, running through their door holding his little teddy bear and jumping on their bed.

"Riah Michael Bowen. How many times have we told you to knock before entering?" EJ said, pulling the sheets over his lower half which he was completely naked under.

"Sorry dadda." Mikey said, sucking his thumb and making a sad face with those big brown puppy dog eyes of his.

"Oh come here. You know I can never be mad at you." EJ says, picking up his son and tickling him, making Mikey laugh and giggle.

"Dadda stop!"

"You know you get those eyes and that sad puppy dog look from your father." EJ looks up at Ricky who just smiles at him.

"And it works everytime doesn't it." Ricky smiled and kissed his husband on the cheek before giving his son a kiss on his forehead.

"Okay son, let's go make breakfast while daddy gets ready for work. You don't want to be late for your first day of kindergarten now, do you?" Ricky grabbed his robe and his son before making his way out the bedroom.

"Hurry dadda!" Mikey said.

"Yeah, don't take too long baby or your food will get cold."

"Promise not to." EJ waved to his husband and son as they walked out their bedroom door. He thought how did he get so lucky to have a family and a life like this.

Ricky and EJ immediately got married the day after the two graduated from NYU together. The two had been dating for 5 years at that time and wanted to cap off their exciting college lives together by getting married. 5 years after that, Ricky miraculously got pregnant with EJ's kid and the two couldn't be more thrilled.

When Mikey was born all of their friends and family were there to welcome the new baby. When deciding on a name, Ricky and EJ decided to combine their names together, Ricky and Elijah, to get Riah. Their friends thought it was the randomest and bizarre name ever, but the two husbands didn't care, they loved it. So they named their new born son, "Riah Caswen."

The two husbands decided not to give Riah a middle name at first as they couldn't decide on one, but shortly after Riah was born Mike got sick. Tragically, Mike passed away only a year after Riah was born, this gave Ricky and EJ an idea and decided to give Riah the middle name of Michael. None of their friends liked to call Riah by his name, so they gave him the nickname of Mikey for his middle name and it just stuck and he has been called that ever since. However, he is only called Riah when he gets in trouble.

So here they are now living as one big happy family living together in Utah. Ricky and Nini have opened up a music studio for kids giving them private lessons and helping them improve their skills, while Gina and EJ are co-partners of their very own lawn firm, C&P  (Caswell and Porter) Attorneys At Law. Big Red took over Slices and officially runs it now with his children, while Ashlyn works part time as EJ's and Gina's secretary and part time over at Ricky and Nini's music studio. Carlos and Seb are killing it in New York together and come back to Utah as often as they can, while Kourtney and Howie are tearing it up in the fashion game in LA.