Something in the Air

"Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa!" Ashlyn said as she was greeting the theater gang into her house.

It was the 3rd annual East High Theater Club Christmas Party at thee one and only Ashlyn Caswell's house featuring her new guest/roommate Gina Porter. The entire club was invited: Ash, Gina, Big Red, Nini, Kourtney, Seb, Carlos, Kaden, Rico, Steph, everyone! Even Ricky and EJ...

The two boys haven't been getting along that well recently, which is kind of funny since their best friend and cousin are officially dating, but even that couldn't bring the two boys together. With Gina moving in, she tried to mend their friendship but for some reason Ricky and EJ were still at each other's throats. Almost like it was sexual frustration or something...

Now here the two boys are, at a Christmas party with one another and the only thing that could make this worse is -

"Okay everyone! Drinks and pizzas are in the kitchen. Thanks Biggie." Ashlyn said to the group of friends in the living room.

"Thanks Big Red!!" Everyone thanked the skater boy for the free pizza from his parents shop.

"Karaoke machine is there, Christmas movies and Disney channel shows playing throughout the evening, and later tonight we will do Secret Santa!" Ashlyn said to the group, causing Ricky to immediately grab a drink from the kitchen and head to the backyard.

"Is everything okay with him?" Ash asked everyone.

"I'll go talk to him." Nini said, grabbing a soda to meet him outside.

"Everything okay, Rick?"

"Not really, you know why."

"Secret Santa?"

"Secret Santa"...

~Flashback~

It's the day before Thanksgiving break and the theater gang is gathered within the bomb shelter as rehearsals are coming to an end.

"Great rehearsal everyone! Now make sure you rest your voice this break and try not to eat too much." Miss Jenn said to everyone as they were getting ready to leave.

"WAIT!" Carlos said, while grabbing a hat from his bag.

"What's this?" Kourtney asked.

"Okay, I know it's early but I do my Christmas shopping early so we are doing this. IT'S SECRET SANTA! I put everyone's name in this hat and we will all go around, choose a name, and you will buy them a gift to give at Ash's Christmas party." Carlos said ecstatically.

"I'm in! Let's go!" Gina said.

Gina grabbed first, followed by Nini, Ash, Big Red, Kourtney, Seb, Carlos, EJ, and finally Ricky. Everyone opened up their names and were all super excited for who they got, except Ricky.

"Uhm... can we switch names?" Ricky raised his hand to ask.

"NO!" Carlos shouted. "Sorry that was aggressive, but no! The universe has spoken and it is final, sorry Ricky."

Everyone turned to Ricky, who looked both sad and mad at the name he had chosen.

"And no telling each other about who you got!" Carlos shouted. But everyone knew they were going to tell at least one person when this was all over.

As soon everyone left the bomb shelter, Nini ran over to her best friend to ask him who he got.

"So Ricky, who did you get?"

"Rather not say."

"Wow, Ricky Bowen keeping it a secret. I'm impressed."

"Okay, if I tell you, you need to help me pick out the gift, I don't know what to get."