Was that Him?

Ricky was sitting in a New York coffee shop, studying for his college exams, when he spotted someone sitting in the corner of the shop. This person looked familiar, like someone he knew, like an ex of his. His back was to Ricky, so he couldn't get a good look at them, but it all looked so familiar. Like it could be their doppelganger?

Ricky looked back down at his notebook, trying to ignore this person and go back to his studies, but he just couldn't. Seeing this person, who could honestly be his ex, was a lot for Ricky. He wanted to go and talk to him, ask him why they didn't work out, why they couldn't just do long distance, why are they here now and most importantly, do they still love him?

Ricky was scared to death to see him, even though he wanted it to really be him. The worst part of it all though, is that he didn't know why he wanted it to be him so much? Yes, their breakup was for the best and was mutual, but deep down Ricky was hurt, he was sad, he was alone.

Ricky couldn't focus on his work anymore, so he decided to gather up the courage and go talk to this guy. From the back, it looked exactly like him. Same long, silky, black hair with those strong broad shoulders and that muscular back. Those big arms that Ricky remembered so much about, they way he would just crawl into them every night. And to make it all worse, this guy was wearing the same exact blue shirt, HE was wearing the first time they made things official .

It was all too much for Ricky at once, but he needed to know. He needed to know if this guy was his ex and if there was something still there and why he was in New York now? Hopefully, they can put their past behind them and start over.

Ricky walked over to the guy and was about to tap his shoulder when all of these memories started to flow back to him. Memories of hurt, happiness, loneliness, and love all at once, it was great, but it was also hard. But of course, the worst and best memory of all was HIM and their perfect day together...

~ Flashback ~

*3 years ago*

"I love you Richard Bowen."

"And I love you Elijah James Caswell."

The two boys were laying in EJ's bed in his college apartment. The only college EJ got into was the state school in Utah, so he decided to go there while Ricky spent his senior year of highschool at East High. The two were practically living together as Ricky was over at EJ's place 24/7, although Mike would never let them officially move in together as Ricky was still in highschool, but he did let him go over there all of the time and even let him spend the weekends there.

EJ always respected Mike's wishes, making sure to get his approval before whisking Ricky away on a trip or asking him to spend nights together. Everything was going right for the two boys in love. They would do everything together, cook, clean, eat, sing, dance, even sitting there in silence doing their homework, it always had to be together.

"Why don't we skip our homework and do something fun today?" Ricky said, closing his notebook and walking over to EJ who was sitting at the dining room table.

"Ri, you know we can't. I have a paper due Monday and you have that calculus test this week. You know you need all of the study time you can get."

"Ugh c'mon! You are almost done with your paper and I can always ask Gina to help me study math later. Plus it's Saturday! You still have a whole day tomorrow to get everything done." RIcky said, standing behind EJ now and playing with his hair and rubbing his shoulder.

"Baby, I-" EJ couldn't concentrate as Ricky was touching him all over the place.

"Please E, for me." Ricky whispered the last words into EJ's ear.