Camp Counselor

"Nini, why did you drag me to this summer camp?" Ricky said.

"Because I thought it would be fun before we start our senior year of highschool together?"

"But why me? Couldn't you take Seb or Kourtney?"

"Chill out Bowen. I'm here too. It's going to be great!" Gina said, walking up behind the two.

"What happened to Big Red? I thought he was supposed to come too?" The taller girl asked.

"He has to work all summer at Slices.." Ricky said in a pissed off tone.

"Lighten up Richard. You never know who you might meet at camp." Nini said as the three of them got on the bus together.

The three friends rode on the bus to a week-long sleepaway camp near the lake. They were going with Gina's dance company and Nini's songwriters club. They had an extra ticket, so they decided to invite Ricky to go since Kourtney was spending the summer abroad.

They arrived at the summer camp just after dinner. Everyone was all happy and excited for the summer to start, except for Ricky. As the three got off the bus, Ricky was already complaining.

"Guys, I don't want to go."

"Ricky c'mon! We don't have all day!" Gina said, trying to push Ricky off the bus.

"Yeah, hurry up Ricky! We are going to miss room assignments." Nini said, pointing to the approaching camp counselor.

"No, I don't want to - " Ricky stopped mid-sentence when he saw the camp counselor approaching.

The guy was in really short, brown shorts, a dark green camp polo that hugged his arm muscles, and a baseball cap that he wore backwards to look cool. His thin long dark hair went right through the front of his cap, hoovering right over his forehead. He was in a pair of Nike running shoes that made his legs look long and feet look big. And you know what they say about big feet....

"Hi everyone, my name is EJ and I'll be your camp counselor all week long. Alright, so everyone listen up for your tent assignments.

Ricky's mind went blank as he was just staring at the beautiful looking guy in front of him. He assumed Nini and Gina got paired together as the two were jumping up and down, but he didn't hear his name get called.

"I'm, uh, going to go talk to our camp counselor. I, uh, didn't hear my name get called." Ricky said, stumbling over his words with his mouth open.

"Oh no." Nini said.

"What?" Gina asked her girlfriend.

"Ricky is falling in love with the camp counselor."

"Hi, um, EJ is it?" Ricky asked approaching the camp counselor who had his head down in a clipboard.

"Yeah and you are?

"Ricky, uhm, Ricky Bowen. I didn't really hear who my roommate was going to be in my tent, could you tell me?"

"Bowen, Bowen, let's see here. Wow, today is your lucky day. You get the whole tent to yourself, looks like we had a last minute cancellation, so you have no tentmate."

"Wow, cool. Thanks EJ."

"No problem, have a good one."

EJ put his head back down in his clipboard while Ricky walked back to his friends. If Nini was going to make him stay at this camp, he might as well have some fun with it. So he decided to do something he has never done before.

"Hey, EJ." Ricky said, walking back over to the camp counselor.

"Yeah?"

"Since, I have the tent to myself. How about you come over later tonight and you know we can hang or do something.. Anything, pretty boy." Ricky said, slightly grazing EJ's arm and taking the pen from the camp counselor.