Beach Day

"Summer"

"Summer"

"Summer"

"Summer"

"Summer"

*ring* *ring*

"What Time Is It?" EJ asked the theater gang as the final bell of their school year rang.

"SUMMER TIME! IT'S OUR VACATION!" They all screamed back.

Everyone sang along to "What Time Is It" as the final school bell rang, with each of them giving Miss Jenn a final goodbye hug for the summer. They were ready for the vacation to start.

"So guys, what are we doing tomorrow?" Gina asked the group of friends as they all walked out of the school.

"Gina, we literally have seen each other nonstop for the past 8 months. Give us a break." Carlos said, laughing.

"C'mon y'all! It's the first day of summer! Let's hangout!"

A collective groan came across the group as everyone just wanted to sleep away their first day of summer.

"G, I don't know. We all kind of just want to relax. How about next week?" EJ said.

"Eej.. you graduate next week."

"Oh yeah... The week after?" EJ asked.

"Can't. Biggie and I start robotics club already. Mr. Mazarra wants us to get a head start on the competition for next year." Ashlyn said.

"What about the week after?" Gina asked.

"Can't. Sebbie and I are going to the Gay Man's choir camp." Everyone had a questionable look on their face.

"WHAT! IT'S REAL!" Carlos shouted out at everyone.

"Okay, the week after that?" Gina was getting desperate now.

"Can't. Howie is coming with me and my mom to our month-long summer vacation in Europe."

"UGHHHH!" Gina yelled as everyone was almost at their cars.

"Don't worry babe, we'll hang out this weekend. Right before I leave for songwriters camp."

"Thanks Niniz. Ricky, you down?"

The skater boy already had his headphones in and was just waiting for Big Red to follow him as they skated back to his house.

"HELLO! EARTH TO RICKY?!" Gina said, waving her hand in his face.

"Huh?"

"You down to hangout with Nini and I all weekend?"

"Can't .Sleeping all summer until school starts." Gina just gave Ricky a pissed off look.

"Sorry Gina, but we'll all keep in touch! Groupchat right?" Ashlyn said and everyone nodded in agreement.

The group all hugged each other goodbye and were just about to get in the cars and leave, when Gina screamed at them.

"WAIT!" Everyone stopped moving.

"Beach Day."

"Huh?"

"One final Beach Day before everyone goes on their trips, and clubs, and adventures." The theater gang seemed interested now.

"Go on." Carlos said.

"We go the beach this weekend. Have a bonfire, play some volleyball, get our tan on, and just hangout one last time before we all get too busy. Thoughts?"

Everyone started mumbling with each other and whispering on whether or not they should attend.

"I'm in!" Nini said.