Am I Strong Enough?

It's been almost a week since the incident at school happened and Ricky hasn't been feeling himself lately. First, he has been having nightmares of the incident and since Mike mostly works nights, Ricky has had to deal with them himself. Then at school, EJ wouldn't let Ricky out of his sight. He would walk his boyfriend to each of his classes, make sure he sits close to him at lunch, and even takes him to and from school.

EJ thought Ricky was getting better, but after he almost fell asleep in his cheese fries at lunch one day, the jock knew his boyfriend wasn't doing well. That day after school EJ took Ricky home and the skater instantly fell asleep on the drive. EJ brought it up to Mike about Ricky's sleeping habits and Mike thought it would be best for EJ to spend the nights with Ricky, so his son could get a good night's rest and be protected. The two boys didn't complain as they loved to cuddle with each other at night.

Here they are now, asleep in each other's arms, the night before school. EJ had his arms wrapped around his boyfriend as the skater boy was talking in his sleep.

"No, stop! Get off of me! Get off!" Ricky screamed as he was tossing and turning in bed.

"Huh?" EJ said, slowly opening his eyes. "Ricky, ricky! Wake up."

"No! Please! Get off! EJ! EJ! HELP!" Ricky started to scream. The jock started to shake his boyfriend awake and was yelling at him to open his eyes.

"RICKY! WAKE UP! IT'S OKAY!" but it was no use, Ricky wasn't waking up.

"I'm sorry to do this, but..." EJ slapped Ricky across the face to which the skater boy woke up.

"OW! Oh no.. was I?" Ricky said, waking up.

"Talking in your sleep, yeah.."

"Was it about?"

"Last week.. Yeah." Ricky's heart instantly sank as he already put EJ through so much pain and heartbreak over that, he didn't want to relive it.

"E, I'm so sorry."

"Don't be bubba, it's okay."

EJ grabbed his boyfriend's head and put it in his chest as Ricky started to cry out of hurt and embarrassment. He ran his fingers through his boyfriend's curly hair as the soft quiet whimpers came out of him.

"Shhhhh, it's okay Ri. I got you." EJ said as he was holding his boyfriend. "Let's get some sleep now."

The taller boy laid Ricky down in bed as the two cuddled some more. Ricky still had his head buried into his boyfriend's chest as he was outlining the jock's pecs with his fingers. The slight touch of Ricky was enough for the shirtless jock to fall asleep. Ricky, on the other hand, was wide awake and his brain was running a million miles an hour.

"I got you."

The last words EJ said before he drifted off to sleep, floated around in Ricky's head. He hated that EJ was always there to protect him, don't get him wrong, he loves his boyfriend and loves the fact that EJ would always stick up for him, but at some point Ricky wants to stick up for himself.

"That's it, everything changes tomorrow." Ricky said to himself as he curled back into EJ's brace.

This would be the last night that EJ would have to defend Ricky cause as of right now, Ricky will be defending himself.

The next morning Ricky woke up to an empty bed. He was about to yell for EJ, but then he remembered the promise he made to himself last night, that he was going to stick up for himself. He also heard singing come from the shower, so he knew EJ was there. Ricky rolled over, grabbed his phone, and started to look up "how does one stick up for themselves" and "how does one become strong".