Our First Valentine's Day

"Do you know what tomorrow is, baby?" EJ asked Ricky over their daily night time Facetime call.

"Uhm, February 14th?"

"And that is?"

"A monday?"

"AND???"

"Valentine's Day."

"But not just any Valentine's Day, it's our first Valentine's Day together, officially as a couple." Ricky smiled through the phone at that last comment.

"You're right, it's our first Valentine's Day together."

"Now, I'm not gonna tell you what I got you, but just expect something... all day."

"E, you know I don't like big announcements or surprises."

"Yeah, yeah, but it's our first Valentine's together, so I might have gone overboard. Anyways! Pick you up tomorrow at 7:30am?"

"Can't Big Red ask me to help him with his gift for Ashlyn. I don't know why he doesn't just give it to her after school, but he insisted it must be given during school hours."

"Aw, I won't be able to give your Valentine's Day breakfast." EJ said, pouting his eyes causing Ricky to roll his.

"Oh well, guess I gotta get my own breakfast." Ricky laughed at his own comment.

"Well goodnight babe. See you in the morning."

"Goodnight my baby. See you tomorrow." The two blew each other a kiss over the phone and went to bed.

The next day came around and Ricky was waiting for Big Red to come and pick him up for school.

"Morning Ricky!"

"Morning Red!"

"Happy Valentine's Day dude." Big Red said, giving Ricky a box of chocolates and a small teddy bear.

"Aw Red, you didn't have to get me anything."

"Dude, you're my best friend of course I had to get you something." Ricky smiled at his best friend.

"Well thanks Red. Happy Valentine's Day to you too, chocolate?" Ricky offered him some chocolate and the two boys shared the candy.

"Did you really have to get Ashlyn her name in lights?" Ricky asked they arrived at school and tried to carry the giant marquee to the bomb shelter.

"Of course! She is a star and she needs to see it. We are putting this in the dressing room in the bomb shelter, okay?"

Ricky nodded and the two walked through the back entrance of the school to sneak in the marquee. Once they dropped it off, Big Red wired it all together while Ricky went to his locker.

"Thanks Ricky, I appreciate it."

"No problem Red, see you at lunch?" The two best friends fist bumped then went their separate ways.

Big Red walked to his first class, while Ricky walked to his locker to get his books. He was approaching his locker when he saw someone standing in front of it.

"Morning my baby! Happy Valentine's Day! I still got you your breakfast." EJ said, standing in front of Ricky with a big smile on his face, a McDonald's bag in one hand, and an orange juice in the other.

"Aw Eej! I told you, you didn't have to get me anything."

"I know, but I couldn't show up empty handed."

"Thanks baby. You're the best, I love you."

"I love you too." EJ leaned down and kissed his boyfriend on the lips.