The App

"Alright, so I got the popcorn, the sodas, the candy, and now we'll watch the movie." Ricky said as he took a seat in between Gina and Nini on the couch.

Gina gave her girlfriend a look that said, "do something about him", Nini took the hint and started to talk. Look Nini and GIna love Ricky, but ever since he moved in with them after coming to LA to start his music career, he has been insufferable. Nini and Gina took Ricky in as he was still a struggling musician and told him that he could stay with them until he found his own place.That was over a year ago and Ricky still hasn't found a place of his own and on top of that, he is with them 24/7.

Whenever Gina and Nini wanted to go on a date night, Ricky would join them. Whenever they wanted to stay in and watch a movie together while cuddling on the couch, Ricky would join them. If they tried to have sex in their bedroom, Ricky would bargare in unannounced to just talk to them. They loved their friend, but he needed to find someone of his own and move out of their place.

"Hey Ricky." Nini said, softly while placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah Neenz? You ready to start the movie." Ricky said, pressing play on the remote.

"We need to talk to you."

"Can it wait till after the movie? I wanna watch it."

"Ricky, I think it's time you get back out there."

"Yeah eventually Neenz, I'm just focusing on my music right now."

"Ricky..." Nini was clearly getting frustrated and didn't know how to talk some sense into her friend without hurting his feelings.

"Yeah, I heard you Nini. Now let's watch the movie."

Nini sat back defeatedly while mouthing the words, "I'm sorry" to her girlfriend. Gina, however, was over Ricky and him being around all the time. She wanted some alone time with her girlfriend and was going to get it one way or another.

The curly-haired girl grabbed the remote out of Ricky's hand and turned off the TV.

"Hey! I was watching that."

"Richard, listen up!" Gina said, standing up and giving Ricky a stern look.

"You need to date someone and move out NOW!" Gina yelled, clearly over her friend.

Nini yelped in shock that her girlfriend was so blunt with him. She ran over to Gina and started to rub her shoulder to calm her down.

"What Gina is trying to say is that maybe the time is now that you get back out there. I mean there are some great dating apps out there now, where you can really meet someone."

"I- I don't know what to say. Are you guys kicking me out?" Ricky said, sadly.

"No, no Ricky, We just want some alone time with each other and we can't do that with you being here 24/7." Gina said.

"Plus it would be good for you to get back out there and meet someone. Then we can go on double dates!" Nini said, cheerily.

"But I don't even know where to start?"

"That is where we come in,." Nini said, sitting down on one side of Ricky while Gina took the other side.

"Here give me your phone." Nini said, sticking her hand out to Ricky. He hesitantly gave his phone over to his bestie.

"I am downloading the latest dating app it's called, "Match Me."

"Nini, I don't know. Dating apps are always sketchy. You don't really know the person, you judge them based on appearance, and they seem so superficial."