Would You Go To Prom With Me?

It was just another day in Salt Lake City, the birds were chirping as the spring morning sun rose, cars were driving by on their way to work, and Ricky woke up hating life.

Well, he didn't hate his life THAT much. He had amazing friends, a supportive dad, and the best boyfriend in the world, sort of. You see it's prom season at East High and everyone has been getting Promposal too. At first Ricky thought they were super cheesy and annoying, but after seeing them every hour of every day, he wanted to get one himself.

He thought forsure by now EJ would have done some big elaborate Promposal for him in the middle of the school. You know like how Chad asked Taylor to Prom in HSM 3? Yeah, Ricky wanted that. He wanted everyone to know that he was dating the most popular guy in school and that he had the best boyfriend ever. But as the days go by and it gets closer to Prom, EJ hadn't asked Ricky.

"Morning son, care for some breakfast?" Mike asked as he saw his sluggish, sad son come down the stairs.

"No thanks dad. Not hungry." Ricky said as he wore EJ's East High water polo hoodie, a pair of black ripped jeans, and his converse. The boy has been wearing those exact outfits all week.

"Cheer up son. EJ still loves you, maybe he will ask you today."

"Yeah right Dad. He's probably embarrassed of me and doesn't want to be seen with a loser like me at Prom." Ricky put his head down and made his way to the front door.

"Take a banana for the road son, gotta eat something. Oh and take an umbrella! It's supposed to rain today."

"Thanks dad. And rain? It's almost summer, it doesn't rain." Ricky said, opening the front door.

"No skating with Big Red today?"

"Nah, he is already at school preparing a Promposal for Ashlyn. All alone today.. Again." Ricky closed the front door and grabbed his skateboard from the porch before heading to school.

"That boy is so dramatic. Wonder where he gets it from." Mike said, laughing as he watched the dishes.

Ricky was skateboarding to school not caring who he ran into or who ran into him. He was just sad that his boyfriend wasn't gonna ask him to Prom. Granted, he could ask EJ himself, but whenever he tried to when they were cuddling, EJ would deny it right away. He said he wanted to be the one to ask Ricky to Prom, because he wanted to do something big to show him off.

Prom was less than 2 weeks away and tickets were almost all sold out. Ricky didn't care at this point, if EJ wasn't gonna ask him, then he isn't going to go. As the skater rolled up to school, he locked his board in the racks when he felt a tap on his shoulder and someone covering his eyes.

"E, is that you?" Ricky said as his voice raised 3 octaves and his stomach filled with butterflies.

"Ew no, it's me. Your second favorite person!"

"Oh Gina, it's you. Hi."

"Well, good morning to you too Bowen. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." The dancer said, standing straight up now, crossing her arms, holding her purple umbrella in hand, and making an angry face.

"Sorry G, didn't mean to be rude. I've just been thinkin-"

"Thinking about Prom and EJ?"

"Yeah.."

"You know you can just ask him right? You don't have to wait for him to ask you."

"I've told you before, he kept on denying me or wouldn't let me finish my sentence. He said he wanted to do it." The dancer helped her friend off from kneeling on the ground and interlocked their arms as they walked toward the front of the school.