Ch 541: Grand Event

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

The sound of her door being knocked was enough to snap Ch'en from her focus. She was doing some work behind her desk.

She raised her head from the document that she was reading and looked at her office's door. She arched her brow at it.

"Come in," She said and put down the documents in her hand on her desk.

Officer Jin made his way inside the office. He quickly put down a file in front of her. Then he stood straight and saluted at her.

"Chen sir," He said, "I did what you asked me to."

"What do you mean?" She seemed to forget. Then she looked at the file in front of her.

He explained, "About the stowaway name Zhu."

Ch'en's eyes widened. She then realised what this was about. How could she forget something this important?

"You're done. Good," She looked at the officer in front of her seriously, "Can you confirm that this man had any relation with Lin Ye?"

"... I am not completely sure," He said, "From what we got before this, we only know that there were six other people following Zhu when he came to Ursus. So I used that as a starting point in my investigation."

"I see," Ch'en recalled, then nodded, "Then what did you know? Were they close to Chernobog now? We can ask them questions."

"Sadly, we can't, sir," Jin shook his head, "They are already dead."

Ch'en's eyes widened, "They're dead?"

"Yes," Jin nodded, "All six people that followed Zhu are dead."

Hearing this, Ch'en felt that he had dug up something big. She immediately put anything else she wanted to do today to the side for now and focused on this case.

"What the hell is going on? Tell me everything."

"Yes!" Jin nodded, "Last time you asked me to focus on investigating Chernobog, but I couldn't find any information on these six people there. That means they hadn't been there. So I changed my way of thinking. Taking the town where they smuggled ashore as the starting point and Chernobog as the ending point, I drew up a path to where I should search."

It's easy to pick which town or city I should investigate," Jin said, "Although the current management of Ursus is relatively chaotic, the central area, especially the cities next to the royal capital, are still very strict. It should be difficult to enter these cities with a false identity. There are a few places they can go. Small towns and cities with chaotic management near the border were their only option."

"Go on," Nodding, Ch'en said.

"Yes," Jin said, "In my follow-up investigation, I found that they did not leave after arriving in Ursus, and, as I expected, they fled back and forth in several small towns on the border of Ursus... The six people were found dead at three different places. As for Zhu, he went missing in a small town named Grad where he is presumed dead.

"Grad?" She tried to recall the name, "Isn't that a city near Chernobog?"

"Yes," Jin nodded." At that time, Grad City was less than half a day away from Chernobog."

Ch'en immediately took the information from the file. She turned to the last one, which was the report given by the Grad Police Department. It showed the time of death that happened five years ago.

Ch'en's fingers rubbed lightly on the report paper.

"The time he dies lines up with your friend's story."