Ch 666: Bastard And Moron

A fork pulled from his mouth as the man munched on the desert.

The sound of someone eating was the only thing that could be heard in the endless void of this place.

The man scoped out another piece of the cake in front of him and ate it again. With how he was eating it with a smile on his face, he seemed to be enjoying it.

Luckily he was not alone in this nothingness.

He looked in front of him and saw Ye still not raising his head to face him, eyes only focused on the slice of cake in front of him.

"You know, if you don't want to eat it, give it to me then," The man pointed his fork at Ye's cake, "It would be a waste just sitting there."

"..."

Ye did not say anything.

"More for me then."

The man shrugged and pulled the cake to him, Ye did not do anything to stop him. He kept sitting down at the table.

With his fork, he took a bite out of it. A smile blossomed.

"Have to say, for a human, Yue makes a mean cake." The man stated, "I'm impressed. You pick quite a woman to be your wife."

"..."

Ye did not make any reaction to what he said. The hooded man did not seem to be bothered by the cold treatment that he was getting as he continued to eat the cake.

After swallowing, he continued on with his talk.

"Sying really did add too much icing. It feels like I'm eating a block of sugar for fuck sake, albeit a good one though, I have to admit," The man chuckled, "You should have seen the face Toa made when he saw what his brother did. He almost threw an uppercut at him! I think he inherited your wife's trait of being so emotional while Sying inherited your trait of doing things with a single thought in his head. Absolutely hilarious!"

"..."

Not caring how silent Ye was to him, the man continued to eat the cake with a gleeful smile on his face.

Finally finishing the cakes, the man placed the fork back on the table and leaned back on the chair in satisfaction.

"That hit the spot," The man slapped his stomach, "I don't remember the last time I have eaten."

"..."

Still no reaction from Ye.

The man hummed and leaned towards him.

The hooded man folded his arms around his chest and stared at the living statue in front of him.

"..."

"..."

No one said a word.

Quietness filled the world.

Moment passed.

Seconds?

Minutes?

Hours?

Days?

Years?

A lifetime?

All the above?

Time did not really matter to them now. The man just kept staring at Ye and his head was still hanging low.

Finally, someone talked.

"How long did you know?" The man asked.

"... The moment Mom said I was cured," His voice was barely a whisper but with how there was nothing around them, it was the loudest thing now.