Ch 564: Elevator Chat

Leizi wondered how she had gotten into this situation. It was supposed to be just a regular mission just like any other assignment she had received before.

Get in, neutralize her target, and get out, preferably without anyone noticing her.

Oh, how wrong she was.

Almost immediately after entering the target's room, Leizi ran into a greatsword-wielding bodyguard that nearly killed her within minutes, barely managing to escape the room alive by taking her target hostage. Said target then came very close to killing her mere seconds after the elevator doors had closed. Now as Leizi stared at the deviant from across the elevator, one thought went through her mind.

This man might be even stronger than that woman outside.

Considering how familiar this situation was to him, Lin Ye honestly believed that someone out there was doing everything they could do to make his life as troublesome as possible, for their own amusement of course.

He just wanted to do some testing with his powers, take a quick bath, and finally get some sleep. He wasn't asking for that much, he'd been doing a lot of work these last couple of days, hadn't he? Surely, he'd earned some rest after all that?

Now, as he stared the crazy, lightning-controlling lady that was glaring at him, glanced at the confused, old man looking at the two of them, and felt the tattered remnants of his shirt on his body, he knew the answer was no. At least he wasn't naked. He still had his shorts, albeit they were a bit soggy from the bath. Too bad, his weapons were back in his room.

Maybe I should bring them next time I go to the bathroom, with how my luck has been, I'll probably need them. Lin Ye irately thought, as he focused his power on his hand, shaping the ice forming around his hand into a weapon.

He was cold, tired, and annoyed. He hated how familiar these feelings were to him.

Old Man Hu regarded the strange pair standing before him, not expecting to be caught up in such a circumstance. He had just reached the top floor of the hotel, only for the woman to suddenly enter dragging the man along with her. Before he could say anything, black spikes had burst from the man's torso forcing the woman to back away from him, and shattering the lights. It took Old Man Hu several seconds to work up the courage to speak up, just after the elevator doors closed.

The sudden question caught the two off guard, interrupting their stand-off.

Lin Ye was the first to recover, quickly exploiting the opportunity.

"To be honest, I was trying to take bath when, this woman suddenly broke into my room and caused a lot of trouble for me. One thing lead to another and now we're here," Lin Ye sighed heavily, "Sorry, but I'm not familiar with how the Yan police operate. Surely, they have a number for contacting them, right? Can you call them and report this crazy lady here? Don't worry, I'll buy you time, I can hold my own against a criminal."

Hearing this, Leizi grit her teeth.

This scumbag dared to call her, Leizi, a judicial officer from the Supervisory Department of Great Yan, a criminal!

How dare he!?

She was bleeding out from wounds she had gotten from that woman, particularly on her side!

She had heard him doing immoral things to a child in the bathroom!

Why was she the one being called a criminal!?

What was even going on here!?

Leizi growled as she pulled out her phone, only to find that it had been destroyed when it had been splashed by the water in the bathtub she had fallen into.