Ch 609: You Need This

Near the center of Terra, a country could be found there.

Although their influence in this world could rival even the ancient Yan, they choose to be a more neutral power in the grand scheme of the world.

They were the founders of the well-known Arts weapon named 'guns'. Because of that, they held a monopoly on the production of Said firearms. Laterano was also considered holy by its citizens.

The rain that was falling on one avenue of the country was viewed as a gift by God for the holy lands.

Aleth. That was the name of the city the rain was falling on to. Located on the outskirts of the country, near the border of Victoria.

The sky above it was dark. Most of the inhabitants of the city have preferred to stay indoors, sheltered from the rain pouring outside.

However, not everyone in the city was of the same mind.

A red-haired woman in a raincoat walked through the streets alone. If people saw them from afar, they would know that she was a local with how she carried herself. As the woman was walking through the rain, when she saw a figure at the local dessert store, her face morphed into a scowl. She picked up her pace and bolted to the store.

When she arrived at the small store, the woman pushed the door open and let herself in. The sound of a sweet chime greeted her and a sweet couple behind the counter nodded at her with smiles on their faces. She sent a quick nod their way as she took off her raincoat. It only took her a few seconds to walk toward her target. She was blissfully eating a doughnut as she stared at the rain falling outside at the table near the window of the shop.

The woman pulled the chair that was facing her target and sat in it. Like always, her horns that she did not bother to cover up caught her eyes first.

Feeling her gaze on her, Mostima pulled her gaze from the rain and stared at her. Putting down her half-eaten doughnut, she smiled at her new guest, "Don't stare at my horns so much." She chuckled, "It's embarrassing."

The newcomer was not amused at what Mostima said but it did not falter the smile that was on her face though.

"If you are so bothered with people staring at your horns, why not just cover them up? You do have a hood," The woman suggested in a dull tone, "If you do that, it saves a lot of your time."

Mostima hummed at her suggestion. She then took one of the doughnuts on her plate and lifted it near her face.

"True," Mostima smiled at the sweet, "But it might be hard for him."

The woman did not need to ask who the man was that Mostima was talking about. Ever since she came back from Lungmen, that man was the only thing that was on Mostima's mind. The fallen would talk about the man at every possible chance that she got.

How he loved the rain.

How he loved animals.

How he enjoyed spicy food.

Those were just a few of the things that she had to hear from her.

But something did not sit right with her. Although Mostima knew so much about this man, this man did not come up in the files that the grand church gave her about Mostima.

How was this man able to meet Mostima without the grand council knowing about him at all?

"... Hard for him to do what?" The woman asked.

Mostima smiled at her.

"Hard for him to find me again."

Mostima took another bite from the doughnut. This earned a glare from the woman. Although she was being glared at harshly by her, Mostima was not bothered by this and was more focused on finishing her doughnut.