Ch 577: Most Beautiful Princess

"....So," Lin Ye drawled out as he sent a quick glance at the guard behind him. Luckily for him, he had a pass to let himself into the hall. Seeing that he was a partner with the Prince of Higashi, he had some advantages. When he was sure enough with himself, they were far enough from any ears on them, he looked back at his group, "I think we need to have a change of plan."

He said this because there was a change in how the event was going to happen. The people that came to the ceremony were all gathered at a huge hall in the palace. In it, there was a big screen on display. It was probably to broadcast the marriage.

Lin Ye looked around to find there were thousands of people here, grounded with each other. He saw guards all over the area. The original plan was for Lin Ye to sneak into the palace when the coast was clear. It seemed he needed to improvise.

While Lin Ye was racking his head for any solution, the others did not seem to worry about all of this. He was quite jealous of them, to be honest.

The little pony that was Grani tried to reassure him by placing her hand on his arm, "Don't worry Doctor! Our cover is still not blown."

Lin Ye sighed as he rubbed her head. He wished he could be as optimistic as she was now. But he couldn't.

Expect the worst. Hope for the best.

The saying Mom thought him echoed in his head.

He looked to his side to see Nian holding his hand as she enjoyed the small cupcake that he bought for her. Although, he needed to add a bit of hot sauce to the cupcake.

Weird combo, he knows but that's what she liked. What was he supposed to do?

Make her sad?

Starve her?

See? His hands were tied.

He hoped that his other little sister was not as... special as Nian. However, the world had its way to surprise him in different ways.

As he was pondering on these thoughts, he heard Warfarin calling him.

"Doctor," He looked at the vampire. She was nudging her head to the guards, "Look at them."

His eyes landed on the group of guards. They seemed to be discussing amongst themselves. After a while, they spread out and only a few were left behind. The guards left at the hall were far fewer than before.

"Guards are leaving the place," Messiah muttered beside him. She must be looking at them too, "But why?"

Lin Ye hummed as he pondered on this. His thoughts were stopped when his phone started ringing. He pulled out his phone.

Under his hood, Lin Ye's eyes widened at the name on it. He answered the call and placed the phone near his ear.

"Leizi," He whispered, "Give me an update."

"Yes, Your Highness," He really needed to get used to being called that, "The second Prince made some changes."

"I noticed, but it is good to get confirmation," He nodded, "So, what happened?"

Lin Ye listened to what she said, nodding and humming sometimes. The rest of the group waited for him to finish. With how the hood was covering his face, they had a hard time guessing what he was hearing.

"... Is that all... Thank you," Lin Ye nodded, "Be ready then."

With that, he closed his phone.

"So?" Warfarin hummed as he placed both of her arms on her waist, "What is going on here?"