Ch 639: A Devil In A Church

Lin Ye raised a brow at what was going on now.

It was from one weird situation to another.

To be honest, if Lin Ye was not quick enough to stop himself as Nian literally dragged him away from the man, the moment Kieran grabbed his hand Lin Ye was about to give the man a hard slap on the face.

In a way, although Nian was the reason why he was in this situation in the first place, she helped him to not escalate this situation even further.

With distance now between the two parties and Nian basically shouting at him, Kieran snapped out of his previous state and noticed what he had done just now. In his defence, the Legatus looked ashamed of what he did.

"I am truly sorry. I did not know what overcame me," The man lowered his head to Lin Ye, "It was just that when you embraced me you reminded me of someone that I lost and I just couldn't-."

His rambling was stopped when Kieran felt something land on his head gently. The Sankta raised his head to see the gentle smiling face of Lin Ye looking down at him.

"It's fine. You did nothing wrong," Lin Ye said, "So raise your head. I can't talk to a person lowering their head to me."

Kieran wisely ignored the glaring woman that still had her arms wrapped around the doctor and was more focused on Lin Ye instead.

The way this man carried himself.

His smile.

His voice.

All of it felt so similar to his father's. It is so similar that Kieran really thought the man in front of him was truly his father.

That was impossible though.

That man already left the world years ago.

However, that did not change the fact Lin Ye made Kieran feel so safe.

Kieran finally raised his head and stared at the man in a daze. He still needed to figure out what to do in this situation.

Luckily for him, Lin Ye found a topic to talk about.

"So? Seeing that you are calmer now, I will repeat the question that I asked a moment ago," The way he spoke did not sound like he was mad at Kieran, "How do you feel now?"

Kieran collected back his thoughts to give this man a meaningful answer.

"I am... freer?" He replied even if he still sounded confused, "It's like something that held me down for a long time was taken far away from me."

Although Kieran knew it was not much, Lin Ye seemed stratified with his reply as he nodded at him.

"I see." Then he stared at the glaring dragon that was trapping his arm in her arms, "Nian, can you take a look at him for me?"

Nian stared up at Lin Ye's smiling face and back to glaring at the angel.

After glaring at the man for a while, Nian looked back at Lin Ye and nodded at him.

"The curse is gone," Nian said to him, "You did it Gege."

Lin Ye smiled at this.

"Good to hear," Lin Ye looked back at the man and smiled, "It seems that you are getting better."

The man's features brightened. With just a simple thing as him hoping for the best for the Legatus, Kieran felt at ease.

However, it seemed that the Doctor was not finished just yet.