Ch 558: Punch Someone

When the group was in the chairman's office of Soma Pharmacy and saw who he was, Lin Ye remembered why he thought he had heard his name before.

Sitting behind the table while they were in front of him, Hayate Tengu, the crown prince of Higashi. However, he did not care about that title, his other title was much more important for Lin Ye.

Less than a week from now, his wedding will be held here.

He was Ying Li's fiance.

Lin Ye knew that someone out there was having the time of their life, seeing him in an annoying situation like this.

Although seeing the prince, this revelation would shake most people, like how FEater and Grani were now.

Lin Ye? Not really. He got used to all of this by now. Lin Ye already had a hunch that he would meet this person one day. Looked like it was sooner than he guess.

The prince's eyes landed on Lin Ye.

"Normally, people would be more surprised at seeing me. Few thoughts prince top be the head of a company," Hayate smiled at him, "You aren't, though."

"I got used to it by now," Lin Ye shrugged at this comment, "What I am more surprised is you know about us."

"Of course, I would know about Rhodes Island. You are famous in Higashi," Hayate waved his hand with a smile. Seemed like he did not care how informal Lin Ye was addressing him, "A few years ago, when I was not the Crown Prince, I once attended a seminar in Victoria. At the seminar, I met one of Rhode Island's founders, Lady Kal'tsit. From her was where I learned about Rhodes Island. Your contributions to combating Oripathy are praiseworthy. Some people say that Rhode Island is expected to become the most outstanding pharmaceutical company in the Terra after Rhine Lab."

Under his hood, Lin Ye's raised his brow at what he just heard. So the prince knew about Rhodes Island from Kal'tsit. Not that surprising. To Lin Ye, he knew Kal'tsit plays an important role in Terra. However, what he found strange was that, why didn't she tell him about this? This information comes in use to him.

Lin Ye could only go with the flow for now. Compared to Lin Ye, who was calm with all of this, FEater spun her head to him when the prince mentioned Rhodes Island studied Oripathy.

"You study about Oripathy?" She, who was sitting on his left, asked him out loud.

Lin Ye sighed at her. Why did she need to ask him that now?

As he guessed, Hayate arched his brow at what he heard.

"You did not know?" Hayate asked, "Aren't you with them?"

Luckily for him, Lin Ye was a master of bullshitting his way out of his problems.

"That is an error on my part," Lin Ye said, "She's just joined us. With her being a native of Yan, she is acting as our guide, and my bodyguard."

FEater, realizing what she had done, nodded at what Lin Yet said. Although him calling her a bodyguard did sting.

She was a famous superstar in Yan, why was she a bodyguard now? She really wanted to say this to Lin Ye. Did Lin Ye think that he had a face the same as the prince, he allowed to say this?

However, she knew that Lin Ye said this to keep up their appearance.

But when she heard that Lin Ye was in a group of people that studied Oripathy, FEater needed to know more about them.

She made a mental note to interrogate Lin Ye later.

"A guide and bodyguard, you say?" Hayate looked at FEater. He thought for a moment, and said, "I think you look very similar to a famous martial arts actor in Yan."

"Hah," FEater brainstormed for her excuse, "Well... She's... My idol!"

"Your idol?" The prince asked.

"Yeah!" She went on with her lie, "That's why I copied how she looks!"

Hayate slowly nodded at what FEater said. Then his eyes landed on Grani, who was sitting on the Doctor's right, and Nian, who was sitting on the man's lap.

"What about these two?" Hayate asked the hooded figure, "If I remember correctly, this lady is wearing a Victorian Mounted Police uniform? What about this child? She is very cute. Is she your daughter?"

"... Well," Lin Ye sighed. He then rubbed Nian's head, "It's complicated."

"Rhodes Island's negotiating lineup is really eye-catching." Hayate chuckled.

"Can't deny that," Lin Ye hummed.

Lin Ye realised that they were getting sidetracked. He pulled out a card and placed it on the Hayate's desk.

"Dr Ian?" Taking it, Hayate read the card in front of him. He then looked up from the card and smiled at the hooded figure, "I heard a lot about you from Lady Kal'tsit."

Lin Ye nodded calmly at this. He really needed to research more about this Ian, the same goes for Ying Zhen.

These two might play a big role in his new life.

"To be honest, I had the intention of cooperating with your company as early as a few years ago," Hayate said to him. "At the moment, most of the drugs used by Higashi to fight Oripathy are imported from Yan and Ursus. Rhine Lab makes most of them. I can only say the price and efficacy of them to be quite satisfactory, not outstanding. They do not export a lot of their product to us. However, Rhodes Island has something that made you special. We can solve our shortage of medicines in Higashi with Rhodes Island's help."

Since the other party had already agreed to work with them, Lin Ye's work now significantly became much easier now.

So he listed down every offer that Kal'tsit told him to say. How much each party will get? What benefits that both d parties will gain? He even told the prince about their production rate for medicines.

Hayate nodded while listening to him. "Although this production capacity is not outstanding, it is enough for our first cooperation."

Although Lin Ye had only been trained by Kal'tsit for a few hours, he believed he was doing a decent job.

However, it was going too easy for his liking.

Where was the explosion?

"I am very satisfied with your plan." Hayate said with a smile, "f neither of us has any objections, I can ask my secretary to draw up the contract. Of course, you can also come back and discuss more. Although Higashi is not a hotspot of Oripathy cases, we still have a lot of patients. There is a vast market for us. I can say responsibly, we can use as much as you give us."

This should be something good. However, how he said that left an unpleasant taste in Lin Ye's mouth.

He did not have time to think about it. The prince was not finished talking.

"Dr Ian. If you are interested, why don't you come to my engagement party?" Hayate offered with a smile, "My fiance is very beautiful, and I can help you introduce Ying Jie to you. He is the second prince of Yan."

"..."

Lin Ye did not know why but, he felt like he wanted to punch someone now.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft: Jaq

Proofread: Jaq

Edit: Jaq