Ch 611: A Damn Tool

The moment Lin Ye opened the door to his new office, the first thing that he saw that caught his attention was a pair of familiar yet unfamiliar pair of brown rabbit ears. The girl that was attached to them had her back facing him, making Lin Ye easily see the Rhodes Island logo on her jacket.

Hearing the door opening, the owner of those ears turned and showed a kind expression to him.

Amiya.

The name of the poster girl of Arknights. Based on what little knowledge Lin Ye had about her by knowing the game, she was the head of Rhodes Island. So, in simpler terms, she was his boss. But from what he remembered; the Doctor has a higher rank than her in regard to battles.

Lin Ye still remembered the first time he technically met her. It was when he first arrived on the Landship, and he was just an Intern at the time.

That was years ago.

Lin Ye was not standing in front of her as an intern now.

Now he was the goddamn Doctor.

It was safe to say, Lin Ye really had a very chaotic life through those years.

But he did not have time to think about all of the things that happened to him until now. He had a boss waiting for him. With that thought in his mind, he went into the office as the doors automatically closed behind him.

"Hello Dr. Lin," Amiya smiled at him, "Or should it be Doctor now?"

"I don't really mind," Lin Ye shrugged at her comment, "Depends on what you are comfortable with."

"Doctor it is then," Amiya nodded, "Do you still have trouble adjusting to your new situation?"

"Who wouldn't?" Lin Ye admitted, "I was just an employee for a couple of years and then suddenly promoted into a position that I think I am way underqualified to be in. A bit to adjust to that, you know."

"I understand," She kindly said with a smile on her face. Then her expression dropped a little, "I believe Miss Kal'tsit already told you about the late Doctor."

"Ah."

He remembered when Kal'tsit told him about that topic. From the moment he came into this world Lin Ye wanted to know who this mysterious person was that was literally the centre of the world. The world revolved around him.

When he first got promoted, Lin Ye's first question he asked Kal'tsit was, what happened to the late Doctor?

Kal'tsit's face dropped when he asked her this. However, she recovered quickly and answered all that she knew about the Doctor.

He was dead. Buried six feet under.

He was like this for a long time now. The only reason Kal'tsit managed to hide this fact was a person that he knew.

Lin Ye himself.

At the meeting that Lin Ye was disguised as the Doctor, at that time, Kal'tist was considering telling them that Ian, the Doctor was ill, and he could not be there. However, when Lin Ye arrived, it was like God finally gave Kal'tsit a break. He was almost the perfect fit to be disguised as the Doctor.

So Kal'tsit used him as a scapegoat of some sort. A backup plan if the Doctor was needed. At first, Kal'tsit thought that was his role. However, when Lin Ye started to bring a lot of benefits to Rhodes Island the idea of making him the Doctor started to appear in her mind.

She finally made her decision when Rhodes Island got an amazing relationship with Yan, one of the most powerful countries in the world. Based on her, this was only possible because of him.