Ch 572: He's Your Brother

As the figures slowly faded into the crowd. Lin Ye sighed under his hood once they were out of sight. He knew how risky it was for him to do that, but it felt right to say that to her.

Talking about what had just happened, Lin Ye was quite surprised at his ability to control his emotions. He really wanted to beat both of them to a pulp with how they made Lily uncomfortable. The only thing that stopped him from doing that was the part of his mind that told him it would cause a lot of problems, and the other part telling him he would get his chance soon. So with that in mind, Lin Ye did not punch both bastards there and then.

Speaking about those bastards, one of them, his brother Ying Jie, might have caught on to him. Lin Ye noticed the way he was looking at him. It was like he was debating with himself whether or not to ask more questions to Lin Ye. Finally, he concluded that he shouldn't waste his time on this man and quickly left the scene.

Lin Ye almost blew his cover there, but it was worth it. He needed to make sure Lily did not lose hope just yet. And based on how she was looking at him before she left, he thinks he succeeded.

As he was busy thinking all of this, something pulled on his sleeve to snap him out of it. He looked to his side to see Grani. She had set her food down on the table and was now staring at him worryingly.

"Doctor," She called, "Do you really think that was a good idea?"

"What is a good idea?" Lin Ye acted ignorantly, "What do you mean?"

"Come on!" She stomped her feet as she glared at him. Although for Lin Ye, she was pouting at him, "You know what I mean!"

"Alright. Alright," Lin Ye chuckled as he rubbed her head to calm herself, "Sorry for teasing you."

Although she calmed down, it did not stop her from pouting at him under his hand. This only made Lin Ye chuckle more.

"So about all of that," Lin Ye stopped patting her as he explained, "I just wanted to comfort her."

"But are you not afraid that the second would find out who you are," She whispered this, "He might have caught you."

"Thank you for your concern," He hummed.

"Of course, I would be worried! That is my job!" Grani huffed, "Besides the fact, that Miss Kal'tsit assigned me to protect you, you are also the-."

Lin Ye quickly placed his hand around her mouth to stop her, "Let's not say that out loud, okay?"

Realising her mistake, Grani nodded.

"Good to hear," Letting her mouth go, Lin Ye said to her, "And you don't need to worry. With what I have been through in my life, the least I would be afraid of is an angry little prince."

Lin Ye chuckled at how Grani's mouth was agape at hearing this, "It would take more than that to make me scared."

What he was saying really was the truth.

Lin Ye had faced off with underwater monsters, royal guards, mercenaries and more. An angry prince was the least of his worries.

"Well, you don't need to worry," Lin Ye said as he turned around to leave. "Let's go."

"Go? Go where? Hey! Doctor, wait!" Lin ye did not give her time to react and was already on the move. When Grani caught up, she asked him, "Why are we leaving so soon? You did not eat yet."

"We need to leave," Lin Ye said blandly, "It is not safe here."

"Not safe?" She looked even more confused, "What do you mean?"