Ch 646: Spoiling A Princess

"Just to make sure we have some privacy," Lin Ye explained himself, "This must be something really important."

Lily nodded appreciatively at him for understanding the situation.

"Thank you Gege," Facing him, she nodded, "This is something only a few high-rank people in Yan know about."

When she mentioned this to him, Lin Ye got more intrigued. He moved his body and faced her, giving Lily all of his attention.

"I am all ears."

Hearing this, Lily nodded and got ready to start the topic. Nian, who has finished her stolen sundae, leaned in closer to the both of them to hear. Ultimately, she rested her head on Lin Ye's shoulder. Something that Lin Ye did not really mind.

"Before we start, I want to ask you something Gege," She stared at him, "What do you know about Zhan Lu?"

Lin Ye hummed at this.

"I have an idea of what it is," Lin Ye answered, "It's important for Yan. That I know."

Lin Ye was gifted with a glare after he said this to Lily.

"If you know about this, why did you steal it?" She sternly asked him.

He slowly looked away from, his sister.

"Well..." Lin Ye nervously chuckled," In my defence, at the time, I thought it was a waste for a sword like this to just be on display."

With his eyes now on Nian, she seemed to agree with him with how she was smiling at him now.

Seeing how the two of them reacted, Lily sighed. Lin Ye raised a brow at what Lily just said to him. It was not like he did not understand what she meant.

He was a moron but he was not dumb. He glanced down at one of the swords that were strapped to his waist.

Zhan Lu.

The name of the sword that Lin Ye used to kill Ying Jie and stole from Yan. He knew a bit about the Zhan Lu in his world. A sword that was described as the complete opposite of what a sword should represent. No malice could be sensed from the sword. Black in colour but so beautiful it was compared to the eyes of god. The sword of Kindness, Zhan Lu.

Lin Ye was clueless as to what this sword meant to this world though. It must something important with how much Yan treasured it from what he had seen. And to be frank, Lin Ye did not really care. A sword is still a sword. Seeing that the sword has never been used, maybe Lin Ye should just take it as his own.

He liked to use Maple more because of how versatile the sword was. Maple could be said could do anything if Lin Ye was smart enough. Maple was a sponge, absorbing a power but let out out a stronger variant.

In comparison, Zhan Lu was almost the same but Lin Ye needed to pay with something to get something in return.

He never really thought much of Zhan Lu. As long as he could use it, he will.

Luckily for him, since Lily brought up this topic so she might explain the said sword to him now.

Looking away from the sword he glanced back at Lily and flicked his earring. The area around them became dead silent again.

"You two," She held her head with one hand, "Take this seriously."

Both of them laughed at how angry they made their sister. After apologizing to them, she finally calmed down.

"Moving on..." They both chuckled as Lily glared at them, "Zhan Lu has a deep history that is related to the beginning of Yan that we know."

Nian looked amused while Lin Ye looked interested.