Ch 593: Short-Lived

Lin Ye covered his mouth as he yawned at the port. He looked around to see that there were only a few people, the people who were related to the mission, and those who knew who he was. This should be expected because the first prince was the one who planned this trip. The prince really did not pull his punches when he planned all of this. Lin Ye and his group were now at one of the royal family ports.

To be honest, he really wanted to sleep the day away since he had used up all of his energy yesterday, but seeing how the prince had planned all of this, he did not have a choice but to wake up and come here. He was now facing a large cruise ship for them to use. It seemed Lin Ye had another important figure backing him now. This might be something annoying he had to deal with in the future.

As he was dreading his future, a thought came up in his mind. He looked to the side to see FEater looking at the ship in awe. Beside her was her large amount of luggage. They were the only two now near the ship. Skadi was with Lily and Nian. Warfarin, Messiah and Leizi were talking amongst themselves. That left the two of them alone.

He tapped on her shoulder, making her look at him, "So? I hope there was no fly going into your mouth with how you are letting it hang like that."

FEater instantly closed her mouth and blushed. The smirk that Lin Ye gave her was not helping her either.

She lightly punched him on the shoulder, getting a laugh from him, "Shut up, Hero! You can't blame me!" She waved her hands towards the ship in front of them, "How should I react when someone just gave you a ship?!"

Lin Ye laughed even harder now, "Sorry. Sorry." He glanced at the things beside her and looked back at her, "You coming along with us?"

She folded her arms and huffed at him, "Got a problem?" She sighed, "I just thought I needed a change of work for the best of me."

Lin Ye looked amused at her claim, "Is that the best lie you could come up with?" This made her body tense, "I know you're Infected, Superstar."

FEater's eyes widened. Then a smile slowly blossomed on her face as she sighed, "So you knew?" Her eyes then narrowed at him, "Since when?"

Lin Ye smiled at her, "Would you believe me if I told you since we met?"

She was taken aback, "But how? I thought I did a good job at hiding it."

He hummed, "Well, if you've been working alongside Infected for a long enough time, you would notice how an Infected acts," FEater looked confused, making him explain even further, "For one, you subconsciously kept a distance between yourself and the others. You wear clothing that hides most parts that would show that an Infection happened," Lin Ye chuckled when her eyes widened with each thing he said about her, "And I just know you were an Infected."

FEater was silent after hearing this. After a while she looked at him confused, "If you knew all of this, why were you..."

Lin Ye placed his hand on her shoulder, "Not afraid of you?" The nod that he got from her only made his face soften, "Well, to me at least, you are no lesser of the person than me. No matter whether you are an Infected or not, you are, well, you."

FEater did not know what to say to all of this. Memories came into her mind of the time when her production team left her when they got the news that she was an Infected. She remembered how the company that she would work with let her go. The reason why they did all of that was the same:

You are dangerous.

Those three simple words hurt her so much. However, she did not cry. She would not let them win and let this get to her.