Ch 602: You Are Not A Trouble

The sound of a person running echoed in the hall leading to the operating room. Panting could be heard alongside them.

The sign above the operating room was lit up, meaning that surgery was being done inside the room. This also meant no one was allowed into the room until the light was off.

That did not stop the group that was storming into the room, though.

*Bam!*

The sound of the doors banging on the wall echoed in the room. The people in the room were clad heavily with protective gear. There, they saw a single man standing tall at the entrance.

One of those people, Saria, called his name, "Ye?"

Lin Ye huffed out a pant and said nothing to her. He ignored everyone's shocked gaze on him. His eyes darted around the room until they landed on a figure that was resting on the operating table.

There was an air mask covering her mouth, supplying her with air to breathe. Her frame was weaker compared to when he last saw her. Lin Ye could see black crystals forming at different parts of her body rapidly and they were forming fast. Her face was pale and he could see sweats falling from her fragile face. Just the sight of the person made his heart feel like someone was gripping it.

"Eyja," He muttered her name as he slowly walked toward her.

Before anyone could say anything to him, one of the heavily protected people talked first.

"Good," A muffled voice could be heard, "You're here, Ye?"

Lin ye turned his gaze at the person and he thought they sounded like someone he knew. A name popped up into his head that made his eyes slightly widen.

"Kal'tsit?" He was confused at how glad she sounded but the realisation hit him instantly, "You were the one that sent Olivia to get me?"

The figure, now named Kal'tsit nodded.

"How is she?" Lin Ye did not want to waste time and asked her, "Other than her slowly being crystallized."

Although people were confused at how irresponsible this man was, going into a room that was highly affected, they kept quiet as they saw Kal'tsit showing the small child the bad without any worries.

"Her sight and hearing are gone now," She grimly informed him, "And her body is almost hotter than anything we ever recorded. Even Ifrit's pale in comparison. This whole room was getting hotter by the second,"

Although he was worried about Eyja's condition, something that Kal'tsit just said caught his attention.

"Really?" Lin ye raised his brow at her, "The room is getting hotter?"

"Yes?" Kal'tsit was confused now, "Even our equipment is barely holding on. Any hotter, they all become useless."

Lin Ye looked around the room and noticed that some of the metals on the equipment had a slight hue on them.

It seemed that the heat emitting from Eyja's body was heating up the room. But something confused him.

He was just fine. There was no heat attacking him. He looked down and noticed something on his skin. Although hard to see, Lin Ye could make out a light thin layer of ice on his skin under his shirt.

Oh? Is the ice activating on its own? Strange but useful.

As he was busy thinking about it, from the corner of his eyes he could see some movement. He spun his head to see Eyja's eyes slowly fluttering open.

"... Senpai?"

Lin Ye instantly went to her side. Everyone in the room was shocked by seeing Eyjafjalla being able to stay conscious. With how severe her condition is, her being awake should be impossible.