Ch 653: White

Diana stared at the man in disbelief.

What he just said was impossible.

No one, not even the greatest Caster in Laterano could replicate Mostima's Arts. It almost drove them mad at how unknown Mostima's powers were. Her Arts were not only unique, but they were also unknown. The Fallen did not use Originium to power her Arts. It was like she was getting energy from somewhere else.

Somewhere that Laterano was not able to identify. Not even Mostima knows.

However, not only did this man, who came out of nowhere, able to use one of her Arts - something that should be impossible - he even modified it to suit him.

As Diana was in her own world, Nian stared at her brother. She stared at him like she was trying to decode him.

What her brother just did was something that no mortal should be able to do.

The sensation that she just felt just now... The shivers still linger in her spine as she remembers it.

Mortals like to think that they could control time but in reality, most Arts in this world that claim to be able to do so were just lies. They just slow their targets.

But what Lin Ye just did.

He made time to kneel before him. The light around them slowed down, making the colour change. The sound was moving at a slower pace, making it almost non-existent. The only reason why the bird did not notice this was because she was going at the same pace. For a deity like Nian, it was clear that Lin Ye controlled time to his will.

He truly made time halt and made sure his enemies were conscious... They would kill themselves.

Why?

Because they would rather die than be in that world for even a second more.

Senses would disappear.

No light.

No sound.

Nothing.

The void.

A place that should not exist.

No one, not even immortals could stay sane in that world, no matter how strong their will was.

And the person beside her, he could send anyone to that world with just a simple gunshot near them.

Nian like to say that she was braver than most but even she was afraid of anyone who held such power at their fingertips. If she knew anyone with that power, getting as far away from that person was her first reaction.

Her very being was begging her to move.

However...

"Nian?" Finally realizing how quiet she was being, Lin Ye stared at her in concern. He gently placed his hand above hers on the sofa, "Did I hurt you?"

"..."

Her very heart wanted nothing more than to just stay by this man's side. The way that he worried about her even when she was a being that mortal could only dream of hurting.

But that did not matter to this man.

She was no god to him.

In his eyes, she was only Nian.

His self-proclaimed little sister.

And he was not a monster.

He was her Gege.

There was nothing to worry about.

With that realization, Nian's face finally softened.

"... It's nothing, Gege. I'm fine. I just had something on my mind," She reassured him as Nian gripped her hand, "You're here after all."