Ch 634: Felt Unnatural

Laterano was used to explosions.

The citizens in the city knew that explosions were a sign that the government was doing their job.

However, the explosion that was happening at the moment was different from any that they ever have experienced.

Everyone knew there was a building that the government was building. Seeing how big and secure it was, they must have used a lot of money to build it.

Saying all of that, seeing the building crumbling was not something they expected to happen to it this late. The flames from this destruction were acting like a second sun with how bright it was. Firefighters rushed to control the fire and people could be seen standing far enough to be safe to see the flames dancing in the air.

As chaos was happening in the city and people gathered around it, two people could be seen walking in the alleyways to get further away from all of this.

"I can't believe you Gege!"

Although Nian screamed at him, with how much noise was happening in this chaos, it was drowned out to the point only Lin Ye could hear her.

The person who was walking in front of her glanced at Nian in confusion. Hearing what she was saying made him stop walking and stared at her in disbelief.

"What did I do?! What did you do?!" Lin Ye then waved his hand toward the light that was coming from the burning building, "You destroyed the building! Why did you do that?!"

Nian stomped on the ground and glared at him.

"What should I have done then?!" Nian asked back, "I looked for you all around that place! I even went to every floor!"

"Can't you just, I don't know, track the earring!" Lin Ye pointed at the said glowing thing, "It has your Arts on it! Can't you just use this to find me!"

"..."

"..."

As they stared at each other for a while, Nian was the first to look away from him. Lin Ye could see her ears becoming red, confirming what he just said.

"So you could!" Lin Ye pointed at her with a grin on his face.

"... In my defence, I was panicking, okay!" Nian tried to defend herself as she stared at him in embarrassment, "I was worried!"

Seeing the red face dragon in front of him only made Lin Ye laugh. This made Nian's face even redder now.

"I am being serious!"

The response that she got was him laughing even harder.

"Fine!" Nian looked away from him, "After this, I won't be-."

Lin Ye did not let her finish her sentence as he pulled her into a hug. This caught Nian by surprise as she was buried into his shoulder.

"Gege?" She looked at him.

Nian could feel him running his hand through her hair gently.

"Thank you for finding me," He whipped through the sound of the chaos around them, "Sorry for making you worried."

Nian's eyes widened upon hearing this. Then she slowly pulled herself onto his shoulder.

"You're not playing fair, Gege." She complained as she nuzzled into his shoulder, "You can't just do that."

"Do what? Hugging my sister?" Lin Ye chuckled, "I think not! I hug you whenever I like to. That is my privilege as your big brother!"

Hearing this only made Nian giggle in delight even harder.