Ch 566: Kings Or Gods

Lin Ye was now holding a tissue to his nose to slow the bleeding. He didn't know why he punched himself, it just felt like the right thing to do at the moment.

After all, he made his little sister cry.

In his opinion, the punch alone wasn't enough.

He got an earful from Warfarin and a cute glare from Nian for it, but he considered it a fair trade. The pain that he felt was nothing compared to what Ying Li must have felt. It also had the added benefit of helping him focus too.

Apparently, he was the third prince of Yan. Not something he expected to discover on this trip.

The question was, how?

He still clearly remembered his previous life. A sick human named Lin Ye, who loved his parents more than anything. He took care of eight cats in total, taking care of each one with everything he had.

There was only one way for him to be the third prince, and that was for him to enter the body of the Ying Zhen after he died.

That meant this body wasn't originally his. He stole it.

Was he actually a parasite possessing someone else's body?

That was not... a pleasant realization.

... That wasn't important right now.

Memories flashed into his mind.

A girl sobbed into his chest. Then came the unbearable phantom pain of hearing her cries, as if someone was squeezing his heart.

Ying Li, his sister.

He left her alone...

He got the strong urge to punch himself again, but due to Nian being in his lap and refusing to budge, he discarded that idea....

For now, at least.

A new question arose, why did Ying Li try to hide it from him?

If she had told him that he was actually her brother, he would have done everything in his power to help her. That was the least he could do for her and Ying Zhen.

Then he remembered something.

Ying Li had yelled at him, telling him that the second prince would come after him if he knew that he was in Yan. She told him that he needed to leave Yan immediately.

She lied to keep him safe.

... The idea of punching himself was getting more attractive with each passing thought that he had.

Not the time for that...

Maybe later when he was alone.

He did something unforgivable, he needed to fix that first.

At least try.

When he was sure that the bleeding had ended, he lowered his hand and glanced at the two people that would be able to help him in doing that.

Old Hu, the servant of both Ying Zhen and Ying Li. He must have been close to the late prince. He was loyal to both of them alone. Lin Ye could trust him.

Then Leizi, a former bodyguard of Ying Zhen. She was given direct orders from Ying Zhen to protect the most important person in his life, Ying Li before he died. The prince must have truly trusted her, so Lin Ye could also trust her.

Both of them must know what Ying Li was going through now. However, they could do nothing about it. He could understand why, they were just regular people that served the royalty, the people that were hurting his sister. He couldn't blame them.