Ch 569: I Needed That

Zhen hummed as he watched the clouds drifting above him through the window. He was envious of how free they were. Not a single thing was stopping them from moving to wherever they wanted to.

Alas, his time was cut short when he heard someone knocking on his door.

"Your Highness? May I come in?" A voice, a maid perhaps, came from the other side of the door.

Ying Zhen hummed to this. Without even looking away from the sky, he answered, "You may."

The door creaked behind him, and he heard footsteps coming into his room. They stopped when the maid was behind him.

"Your Highness, the princess is born," Ying Zhen spun his head so fast that it almost left his body when hearing this, "His Majesty is calling for you to come and meet your sister."

"... My sister?" He muttered. He glanced at the sky one more time and saw that no cloud was in sight. The only thing that he saw was the giant fireball that was trying its best to blind him. He glanced back at the maid, "I see. I will be on my way."

He got off the bed and made his way to his door. The maid closed the door behind them as they left to where the rest of the royal family was.

The door family shut and Lin Ye hummed.

"So that's him?" Lin Ye muttered, "Ying Zhen."

"Yes, that's him," The hooded man said as he waved his hand. Lin Ye was about to ask what he was doing but was stopped when he saw two chairs materialize behind them. Lin Ye glanced at the chairs and back to the man, who was sitting beside him.

"Sit down," The man offered. Then he snapped his finger. What followed was two buckets of popcorn appeared in his arms. He raised one of them to Lin Ye, "Want one?"

Lin Ye stared at the popcorn blandly. After much consideration, he sighed and took it. He sat on the chair and ate a bit of the popcorn.

It tasted just right.

"So?" He started back in front of him, "Are going to follow him? Can't do that when we are sitting, can we?"

"We can," The man answered lazily. He raised his hand in front of him, "Just like this."

He then swiped his hand to the right. Like the world was a screen on a phone, the entire scene in front of him change. They were in a new room. Lin Ye could see more people in this one. However, what caught his attention was Ying Zhen. He was standing in front of a cradle and looking into it.

They could hear something crying inside of it.

"So, this is my sister?" Ying Zhen asked while he did not move his eyes from the baby, "Where's Mother?"

"She did not make it," A man answered him. He had long black hair that reached his back. Lin Ye noted that the man had dragon horns on his head and a tail on his back. That and with how he was wearing some type of expensive—looking robes on his body, Lin Ye guessed that this must be the current emperor of Yan. The father of Ying Zhen, "She gave up her life for your sister."

"... She's dead?" The boy mumbled, not taking his eyes from the baby in front of him, "I see."

The Emperor narrowed his eyes that this response but did not comment on it. He was getting used to how emotionless his son could be. Just before he could say anything more to Ying Zhen, he saw his son slowly reaching out to the baby.

"What's her name?" The boy asked.

"Ying Li."

Ying Zhen hummed to this. Just when he was about to pull his hands away from her, she stopped crying. The emperor noticed this, too. The baby never stopped crying when she was born, nothing that the maids did helped.