Ch 598: New Sponsor

"Like I said! I need to go through their works to make sure it is not dangerous to use."

A grumpy angry voice of a vampire echoed in an office. A table that had files piled on it was in the room and around it were three people.

One of them was Kal'tsit, who was sitting behind her table and facing the opposite direction of the vampire. From the look of it, the medic was used to all of this.

Besides, the pale doctor was a man that could be considered the most important being on Terra, no matter how much he deny this claim.

Lin Ye had a small smirk on his face as he let Warfarin talk. He was content in just hearing her complaining in his own chair.

To Warfarin this was all because of him. Yesterday, Lin Ye got to talk with both Saria and Olivia about the newly improved L-Cell drug. They made a breakthrough. The moment he woke up this morning he made a call to Kal'tsit about this finding and they were here. The moment all of them sat down, Warfarin started babbling about wanting to observe their findings on the cure.

From what he had seen, Warfarin was not done yet with her small tantrum. This only made the smirk on his face grow, something that Kal'tsit did not like to see.

Feeling pity for his boss, Lin Ye cut into Warfarin's rant.

"As I said, they only reduced the concentration of my cell in the drug," Lin Ye explained. He lifted a finger towards Warfarin "And before you start, they used the formula for the Life Reagent to make up for the loss of it."

The vampire glared at him, "It still does not mean that it is not flawed.."

Kal'tsit raised a brow at her, "For example?"

Warfarin tapped on the file on the table, "From their calculation, it would take ten years for an Infected that is as bad as Ifrit to completely cure." She crossed her arms and stared at them, "With the equipment and data that we have, I would say that it would take 15 years at least to perfect it."

Lin Ye couldn't deny this. He knew of this when Olivia told him yesterday, she said that it was all based on Ifrit's condition. Olivia's estimation was not grounded in reality. She just wanted to get Ifrit cured as fast as possible. Lin Ye could not blame her though.

"And that is not the only thing," Warfarin continued and glanced at him, "As you said, although the cure did lower her Blood Crystal Density, that damn cell has an expiration date on it," She sighed, "People's immune system adapts to kill your cell the moment it comes in contact with the body."

Kal'tsit leaned back in her seat and tapped on the table.

"What you said holds merit." She glanced at Warfarin, "Warfarin, that is for Ifrit's condition. How about mild infection? How long will it take to make a cure for that?"

"Mild? If I have to say, five years." Warfarin hummed, "However we do not have the time to wait. Right?"

"No," He instantly replied.

Lin Ye knew what she meant. He had a strange skill in his life, called pulling in danger wherever he set his foot at.

The side effect of having this was dying at any given moment.

Very annoying to have. Would not recommend having it.

"I thought so," Warfarin hummed, "And the money that we need, to be able to continue our research on that cell," She sighed, "With Ursus cutting ties with us, we are low on funds."

Lin Ye raised a brow at this and hummed.

"True," Kal'tsit nodded grimly at that fact, "However, Silence and Saria made a breakthrough in the medical field, making a cure for Oripathy. Something that was a dream for years to us."