Ch 557: Company Meeting

The next day came by like a flash to the group.

All except for Lin Ye.

He did not get a wink of sleep.

He stayed until the sun raised because he was doing a lot of digging about Ying Zhen, his doubleganger on the internet. His eyes had heavy bags because of this.

It was so bad that when Nian woke up and saw how he looked; she hugged him and begged him to not die. She was not the only one that react badly to his state. Everyone was also worried about his wellbeing, even Warfarin almost force him to stay in while she do the rest. He assured them he was fine.

Although he went through all of this, Lin Ye got little information about this mysterious prince. The best that he got was that Ying Zhen was never been seen by the public and was locked in the place for most of his life because of some sort of sickness.

Maybe he should give up on this headless goose chase of his. But...

"Gege!"

The look that Ying Li gave him last night, made him want to know more.

That is for a later time, though. The group was now at the hotel's restaurant, enjoying their breakfast. He could still feel some eyes on him while he ate, though. He ignored them, of course. Don't want to make a scene.

As they were eating, FEater's phone rang, attracting his attention to her.

She pulled it up to her ear and answered the call.

"Hello?... Yes, that me," She said. Then FEater's eyes widened, "What?"

After swallowing the bread that he ate, Lin Ye arched his brow at her, "What is it, Superstar?"

FEater glanced at him, but she did not answer him, pointing at the phone instead. He nodded and let her finish her call.

"I understand... I want that room, then. Just put it in my card..." FEater said to the phone, "The balcony can be connected, right? Can you do that... Good. Thank you."

After saying this, she hang up her phone and looked at him.

"So?" Lin Ye hummed, "Anything that I need to know?"

"Her Royal Highness, the Fourth Princess, checked out last night. The front desk asked me if I wanted her room."

"Checked out?" Lin Ye's eyes widened, "Last night?"

"Yes," FEater nodded, "To be honest, I am not that surprised. Seeing that strangers saw her here, she would leave this place as soon as possible."

"... Is that so?" He hummed and looked back at his piece of bread in front of him. He took it and brought it to bear his mouth, "Noted."

When he took a bite, the once sweet bread taste nothing now to him. He might have lost his appetite. Something did not feel right about this situation. He needed to dig this mystery even deeper now.

He placed the bread back on his plate and looked beside him. Nian was blowing on a spoon of porridge. However, she wasn't cooling it down. With each blow Nian let out to the spoon, the redder the steel spoon become.

"Not hot enough yet?" Smiling at her, he said, "You will melt the spoon if you keep this up."

"Don't worry, Gege!" Nian looked and smiled brightly at him, happy that he was still the same, "I know how to con-."

The sound of something falling into her bowl interrupted her. Both Nian and Lin Ye looked at her porridge and saw there was the head of the spoon floating in it.