Ch 631: Off Of His Chest

Nian and Lin Ye were now on the second floor of the building. Their footsteps echoed in the dark hall.

As they continued their search, Nian seemed to have enough and suddenly stopped. Realising this, Lin Ye also stopped and raised a brow at her.

"Nian?" He called.

She folded her arms around herself and stared at him.

"Gege, don't you feel that something is not right?" Nian replied. She gestured her hands to the walls of the building, "We haven't seen a single person at all!"

This made Lin Ye hum. She was right. As they walked through the prison, they did not see a single person in the building.

Not a single prisoner,

Not a single guard.

Only empty halls and cells.

Due to the lack of prisoners, Lin Ye would've thought this prison was just newly built. However, he banished that assumption when he saw that the outside of the building was littered with security.

Something was not adding up.

With that thought in mind, Lin Ye raised his head and glanced at Nian.

"Hey Nian," He called, "Do you sense anything out of the ordinary in this building? Something... that is not a mortal-type of strange?"

Nian hummed and looked around the hall. She tapped her feet on the floor as if pondering.

"Now that you said it Gege, I did notice something like that," She explained to him, "The building feels like it is being overseen by something."

This caught his attention.

"Do you think it's the so-called God of Laterano?" Lin Ye asked her as he also scanned his surroundings, "Do they know we are here?"

Nian shook her head, "I am just guessing here Gege. I've never met this god before, so I am just as clueless as you are."

Lin Ye glanced back at her.

"Nian, are you sure there is some sort of deity with us now?" With a blank expression, he asked this.

Although she was confused by his sudden question, Nian still nodded at him.

"There's something like that here in their building," She replied, "Why are you asking me this Gege?"

A smirk slowly formed on his face.

"Your spell is still on us, right?" Lin Ye asked, "No mortals can hear us now, right?"

"Yes?"

"Good, good," Lin Ye nodded and turned his back to her.

He took a deep breath.

Then he screamed.

"Come out you fucker! I have a bone to pick with you! No! A whole goddamn skeleton! Do you know how much bullshit I had been through! Every fucking time I think things are finally going in the right direction, some randomly chaotic thing is thrown into my life, ruining my fucking peace!! I know this has something to do with a God or Gods! So if I find out that you have something to do with it, seeing you oversee a race that mainly uses guns, let me show you the end of a barrel of one of them!"

After this sudden episode, dead silence permeated the prison.

The only sound that could be heard in the hall was Lin Ye's heavy breathing.

Even Nian was stunned at his sudden outburst.

After she was sure that Lin Ye had finally calmed down, she went up to him and patted him on his shoulder. His head was lowered so it was hard for her to see his face.

"Gege?" She leaned in closer to him, "Are you okay?"

Slowly raising his head to look at her, Lin Ye's expression is one of embarrassment.

"Sorry about that," He scratched his head, "I had a lot of things to get off my chest."

Seeing that he was back to normal, Nian smiled back at him.

"It's fine Gege," She reassured him. Nian then placed both of her hands on her hips and raised a brow at him, "So what are you going to do now?"

Lin Ye folded his arms and thought about their next move.

"Seeing that I have not been struck by lightning, I guess that God was okay with us being here. For now, at least," He explained, "So we let's just con-."

Just as he was about to continue, a soft ringing bounced off the prison walls. Lin Ye glanced down at his pocket to see his phone vibrating.

Who could be calling him this late?

Not wanting to keep the caller waiting, he rummaged through his pocket and answered the call. He placed the phone against his ear. Lin Ye did not even look at the caller's name, so he did not know who it was.

It might even be a scam call.

"Hello?" He said to the phone, "Who's this?"

["Gege? This is me."]

It did not take him long to know what was on the other side of the call.

"Lily?" Lin Ye smiled as he said her name, "What are you calling me for?"

Lin Ye was about to hear her reply when he noticed something strange about his surroundings. It was like the darkness that spread around the prison like a mist began moving.

Even when he heard the voice of his little sister, he was too focused on what was happening to understand what she was even saying.

When he finally realised this, he heard something.

Whispers.

It was near his ears.

"I finally found you."

The dark hall was empty.

But if you focused hard enough you could see something on the floor.

A lone phone could be seen in the dark.

Other than that, there is nothing.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Back on the Landship of Rhodes Island, a single princess could be seen standing in a dorm that the company gave her.

Lily stared at the screen of her phone.

A single name could be seen on it.

[Gege]

Although the call was still ongoing, Lily could not hear anything from the other side.

Only the sound of a faint wind could be heard.

This drained the blood on her face. Her heartbeats started to increase.

Without even thinking, she ended the call and walked towards the room's door.

When Lily was outside, she could see six people wearing red robes. It seemed that they were guarding her room.

One of them noticed the princess was outside and this confused them.

"Princess, is something the matter-."

Lily did not give the man the chance of finishing his sentences as she gave an order to them.

"Laterano," She stated, "Bring me there now."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft: Jaq

Proofread: Discord

Edit: Jaq