Ch 562: Investigating

Under the night sky, a car stopped in front of a two-story building.

"Your Highness," The old man who was driving said car, looked at the back of it and saw his passenger. Ying Li, the princess of Yan. The princess was sleeping. The old man wanted to let her rest some more, but he needed to wake her up, "We have arrived."

Ying Li's eyelids fluttered to open up.

"We're here?" Ying Li asked as she looked around the area.

"Yes, Your Highness. Although I did not want to disturb your rest, for the sake of your body, you need to rest in a room," The old man explained, "After all, the weather is getting colder by the second."

"... I see," Ying Li nodded. She rubbed her red eyes to get rid of her tiredness. Then she smiled at the old man, "I'm sorry for bothering you, Mr Hu."

"This is my job, after all. Did you not rest last night, Princess?" Mr Hu asked worryingly, "It surprised me when you told me you want to live somewhere other than the Starlight Hotel. Did the management there dissatisfy you?"

Ying Li's body froze when he mentioned that hotel. After a moment of silence, she finally gave him an answer.

"... It's nothing," She shook her head, "I just think that my neighbours were... too much for me to handle."

"... I see," Seeing how Ying Li did not look comfortable talking about the hotel, he ended that topic of discussion. He nodded and moved on with their talk, They talked about something else instead, "Then rest here for the night. This house was built solely for the purpose of you living here. There are even some imperial guards that will be assigned to secure your safety around this area, Princess."

"I see." She answered blandly, "I still do not want to see anyone before the event starts. That is what I only want."

"This old man understands," Mr Hu nodded. When he looked at the princess, he noticed something was missing from her. Then he realized that the bracelet that the princess would always wear was gone now from her wrist, "Your Highness? Where is your bracelet?"

"Ah... That thing?" She played with her wrist, "... I must have left it at Starlight. No matter. It was just some jewellery. I can buy a new one at Higashi after I get married."

Hearing this from her, Mr Hu could only nod helplessly. After saying their goodbyes, Ying Li left the car and went into the villa. When the old man saw the image of the princess disappear into the house, he started the car and drove off.

As Mr Hu was alone in the car, he sighed tiredly at what the child was going through. The marriage was doing numbers on the princess. She even did not care about the bracelet that the late third prince, the only sibling that she truly loved, gave her.

Well, although she did not care, this old servant does. He would not leave this girl to be sad. She needed that bracelet for her good. The old man looked at the time on his watch and noted it was still not that late.

With that, he took a right turn and went to his new destination.

Starlight Hotel.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"You are..." The front desk lady of the Starlight Hotel looked suspiciously at the unknown woman. The said woman was wearing a robe to hide her face. However, she could see some of her blonde hair leaking out from the hood.