Ch 576: Who Can Hurt Me?

The dark clouds loomed over Chang'an. The rain that poured last night did not seem to be slowing down any time soon. Lin Ye, standing in his room, watched as the raindrops slowly slid down the window glass. He pulled out his phone and looked at the weather forecast. The forecast for today's weather should be...

Sunny.

Lin Ye chuckled at how incorrect this prediction was.

Then, he remembered Skadi going outside yesterday before the rain started. Skadi did not come back from her supposedly short walk, and when he called her to ask when she would come back, Skadi told him that she had something she needed to do. The only clue that he got from her was that it was something related to the sudden downpour.

He then heard someone opening the door. Lin Ye turned his gaze to the door and saw it was Messiah. She was smiling as she made her way to him.

"So?" She tilted her head as she asked him, "A penny for your thoughts?"

"Heh," Lin Ye barked out a laugh upon hearing this, "Is free good?"

The smile on her face grew, "I would like that."

"Well, this is the day," Lin Ye sighed, "I will be up against the full might of Yan. And I'm... Well... me."

"Yes. You're you," Messiah said and she grabbed his hand, "And if I am going to bet on who would win, Yan or you, my money will always be on you."

"... Thanks for your confidence in me," Lin Ye smiled at her, "But I am still worried."

"Why?" Messiah asked him. Her focus was all on him.

"If I am going to do this alone, I would not mind. But this is not the case," Lin Ye explained to her, "I have so many people relying on me."

Messiah stayed quiet, letting him space to let his thoughts out.

"Nian is still new to her power. You're still weak. I know that you're strong but I do not want to see what would happen if you used up all of your power for the second time. Skadi is out," And Lin Ye took the chance, "Grani and FEater are confident but is confidence good against a whole army?."

Lin ye then showed a troubled smile at her, "I am a bit scared."

"... You are the same as always."

"Wha-?"

Lin Ye did not get time to answer as Messiah hugged Lin Ye around his chest. Although he was shocked by this, his expression softened as he placed his hands on her.

"... Always think about others more than yourself." Messiah pulled back from the hug and stared at him, "You don't need to worry. Everything will turn out alright."

"How can you be so sure?" Lin Ye asked.

"Well..." She smiled at him, her hands still on his, "You are with us."

Lin Ye's eyes widened hearing this. Just as he was about to say something, a voice cut him short.

"Are you done yet?"

Lin Ye turned his gaze to see it was Warfarin. She was at the front of the door, tapping her foot impatiently. She was not the only one there, the rest was there. Grani sheepishly waved at him. FEater rolled her eyes at him.

Nian was a bit different. She stormed her way to him. When Nian was near him, she pushed him away from Messiah. Nian hugged his arms as she glared at Messiah. Messiah followed this by giving the child a glare of her own.

"The event will start in a couple of hours," Accustomed to this type of development, Warfarin kept her attention on Lin Ye, "Let's go to the venue. We can discuss what to do there."