Ch 663: Enough

Flames danced on Lin Ye's body. Although the man in question was literally burning, Lin Ye didn't show any reaction to it.

It was not because the flames weren't hot, though. The heat that was emitting from them made most of the people in the room put some distance between them and Lin Ye. Even Blaze, an operator who used fire based Arts, sweated at how hot these flames were.

"... Is the Doctor alright?" Adnachiel asked warily to no one in particular. With how he was seeing a body being burned right in front of him, no one could blame him for sounding so concerned at the moment.

No one could answer the man's question, with how they were as clueless as he was now.

Kal'tsit was a doctor first before a leader. Shocking someone back to life was not an uncommon thing to do in her field of study. She liked to think she had seen a handful of treatments on bringing people back from the brink of death.

... However

Burning was not something she expected that would go into that category.

"Don't worry," Nian said impatiently as the light of her flames danced in her eyes as she stared at Lin Ye, "I made sure my flames won't hurt him physically."

"Physically?" Warfarin repeated the word back at Nian, confused, "What does that mean? This room feels scorching to me."

Kal'tsit stared at Lin Ye and saw something.

The scars that were littered all over his skin were slowly disappearing like they were being burned away by the flames.

"What are these flames doing? Why did you do that?" Kal'tsit glanced at Nian and asked, "Or are you just doing this out of spite?"

Finding what she said amusing, Nian snorted.

"That is something I would do."

She unashamedly admitted.

"The Flames of Suiren."

Everyone's head turned to who said that.

The princess stared at the flames, still shocked by what she was looking at.

"What?" Blaze asked Lily.

Lily tore her eyes away from Lin Ye and started back at the rest.

"The Flames of Suiren. The first flames ignited. The flames that are meant to burn anything that harms its host." Lily explained, "I thought it was only a legend."

Nian sighed upon hearing this.

"Sadly, this is not that," Nian admitted and glanced at the flames, it seemed they were slowing down now, "This is only a replica of it. From the look of it, it is a good one at that."

After saying this, the flames finally died out. There was no burn mark on Lin Ye.

In fact, his body seemed to be better than ever now. The scar-filled skin was no more. They couldn't see even a mark on Lin Ye's body now.

It was like he was just reborn.

"... Did it work?" Ansel asked Nian, "He is still not waking up."

"I can see that," Nian's eyes narrowed at the body, "The flames did work, though. It managed to kill some of the bad influence on Gege. But the rest is all up to him now."

She grimly noted.

"Let's just hope Gege has something else to live for in this world rather than one."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

The wind gently grace Nightingale's face and she watched a sun slowly peeking into the night sky through the window as she sat comfortably next to it.