Ch 624: High Hopes

Two glasses of water were lightly placed on top of the coffee table.

Lin Ye hummed and smiled warmly at his new guest.

However, the only answer that he received from Yelena was a cold glare. So cold that Lin Yen noticed that frost was slowly forming on her glass.

He chuckled at this and sat on the sofa that was facing her.

Her sofa was for a single person while his sofa had three seats.

After the commotion that Yelena had made by bursting into Kal'tsit's office without notice, Lin Ye had to defuse the situation before both Amiya and Kal'tsit attacked her.

Luckily, Yelena was willing to hear him out inside his new office. He even said that their conversation will not be recorded by PRTS. After much persuasion from him, Lin Ye was now in his office, offering drinks to his angry friend.

He did get an earful from both Kal'tsit and Amiya on how he should be handling his guests on the Landship.

Lin Ye did not have the time to enjoy his drink as Yelena immediately fired a question his way.

"Your Arts. That ice," Yelena's eyes narrowed into a glare, "Those were mine, right?"

Lin Ye stared back into the harsh glare that he was receiving from the Cautus. Those bright blue gems were giving out so much coldness, it was almost like the whole room was freezing now.

Although that was the case, Lin Ye was not really bothered by them.

He felt something even colder than this.

He knew what it was like where there was no heat at all.

It was not cold.

It was not hot.

It was just nothing.

... Let's talk about less morbid things. I have an angry woman in front of me.

Lin Ye told himself.

He leaned back on his sofa and interlinked his fingers in front of him.

"What makes you say that?" Lin Ye asked back.

Yelena was not amused by him dodging her question. She knew he knew he was just toying with her now.

Rather than tearing Lin Ye into a new one, Yelena held out her hand to him.

"I know what my Arts looks like," Yelena said to him, "After we met, my Arts changed."

After saying that, Yelena placed her hand on the glass of water in front of her. Lin Ye only needed a second to notice that the water in the glass was now becoming a block of white ice.

Lin Ye looked away from this and stared blankly back at Yelena's piercing eyes.

"Something happened to my Arts. It's different than before. At first, I thought it was just a side effect of you curing me. However," Her glare intensified, "On that day. In that room, you used it. You used my Arts."

Lin Ye only hummed at this.

This infuriated Yelena even more.

"Answer me, Ye!" She screamed.

It seemed that she lost control of her Arts, as the white frost was spreading toward Lin Ye. Just as the ice was about to touch him, they turned black.

Yelena's eyes widened at the black frost that was creeping onto the table. She raised her head and saw Lin Ye sighing at her.