Ch 587: Am I A Monster?

Skadi ran.

She ran like her life depended on it. Even when the rain was pouring on her, slowing her down, she kept running.

The abyssal hunter never felt like this before. Before all of this happened, she was on the other side of this part of the city, at a beach. She was nervous because of how strange the weather was today. Before she started doing this though, Lin Ye gave her a call, telling her about the plan for them to save his sister.

He told her to go to the place where they all should meet. She agreed with his idea but when she ended the call with him, Skadi did not feel right. It felt like every alarm bell was ringing in her body, not to protect herself but for the safety of Lin Ye. Skadi brushed that feeling, telling herself that she was overthinking it but that feeling lingered. It became worse when the rain poured harder.

She finally gave in and acted when she saw a tornado hitting the palace. The place where Lin Ye should be.

Skadi immediately ran to where the disaster was going. To another part of the beach. The tornado then disappeared when it met the sea. When the tornado was gone, she saw something that made her pulse almost stop.

She saw a body falling from the sky.

What made Skadi's heart drop was that the person had black hair.

"Lin Ye!" Her body yelled on its own when she saw this.

Her legs ran faster.

Her heart started to beat faster and her breaths became heavier.

In seconds, she arrived at the beach and ran toward the ocean. Her heartbeat was louder than the sound of waves crashing into the beach. Under the heavy rain, Skaid had a hard time seeing.

"Lin Ye!" Skadi shouted into the sea, "Lin Ye!"

She spun around the sea, not caring how the wave kept on hitting her body.

"Lin Ye!" She did not stop calling his name as she hoped to find him, "Where are you?!"

"Skadi? How are you?"

Memories of Lin Ye calling her name rang in her mind, making her more frantic about finding him.

"Lin Ye!" Her shouts became more desperate, "Where are you?! Please!"

"Why should I be scared of you? You're kind."

The sound of the rain and waves muffled her own voice, making her realize how hard it would be for Lin Ye to hear her.

So she did the only thing she could do to make her voice be heard.

"Lin Ye!!"

She started to shout louder!

This made the memories about Lin Ye clearer in her mind.

"Skadi?"

"Lin Ye! Please!" Skadi shouted when she did not get a reply, "Answer me!"

"I'm glad I met you."

Skadi finally stopped moving and stared into the immense ocean in front of her. She finally lost all of her energy and could only stand in the waves.

"Please..." Skadi's voice was nothing more than a whisper now. She did not remember when was the last time she sounded so fragile now, "Where are you?"

Her head was lowered as she begged anyone to make Lin Ye appear. And someone heard her pleads.

"Skadi?"

Skadi raised her head when she heard that voice. Not relieving memories but she heard it. There, not far from her was a figure's back facing her.